Hybrid Ezreal.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerolunar

11-01-2012

Ive figured out a Ezreal Hybrid build. Am i totally wrong, could it be viable, or maybe even OP?

lets see:

Sheen - Boots of Speed - Hextech Revolver - Malady - Mercurys Threads - Hextech Gunblade - Lich Bane - Wits End - Black Cleaver.

Give me your opinions!

Saddam Hussajn

12-01-2012

AD will be far stronger since most of damage in teamfights comes out of auto attacks.

Lord Bolas

12-01-2012

Why would u want Lich's if u have more AD than AP? I mean:
AP = 70 (GB) + 20 (malady) + 80 (LB) = 170? Pathetic.
Your AD from just base stats and Cleaver is higher. Not to mention Trinity gives 1.5 times your AD as a bonus. Bane works ONLY if you have an early AA's and a Deathcap. And that's not Hybrid, that's AP.

Moreover Malady and Wit's End are a bad idea on Ez. He is mostly about positioning and even though his attacks are strong and AS high, often you'll find you have no time to attack. Basically you want to run around, stay out of harm's way and toss 1k damage Mystic Shots. Squeezing in the occasional attack when possible. You can do that with either AP or AD. AP is just harder to play. It is however more rewarding as it gives you 2 more nukes.

Still, if I had to build a hybrid Ez (I never do), I'd go with
Sheen - Boots 1 - Tear - Vamp Scepter - Phage (you absolutely need it to kite) - Deathcap - Lich's - Gunblade (components in whatever order) - Bloodthirster - Finish AA's and Frozen Mallet
Upgrade boots whenever appropriate
Basically replacing some of the AP and CDR from the nuke build with Gunblade, Mallet and a Bloodthirster. I still think the pure builds are superior though, because hybrid has neither AD's early dominance nor AP's late ownage. Also Sheen upgrades benefit from either AP or AD so it's natural to only invest in one of those stats.

Oh, also if you look at Q you'll see that it has a 1:1 ratio with AD and 0.2:1 ratio with AP, meaning that with Trinity and Lich's respectively it will effectively have 2.5:1 and 1.2:1 ratios respectively. So AD gives a little more than 2 times more damage to Q. 1 Ad costs about 2 AP. Of course Rabadon's changes that, but that's not the point. The point is that if you don't intend to actively use W and E in offense, AD is far superior to AP or hybrid.

Saddam Hussajn

12-01-2012

About Lich Bane you are right. This item is good only if you already got over 400 AP. But your understanding of Sheen and Trinity is just wrong - it passive adds just 100% and 150% of BASIC AD as bonus damage respectively. If it would work like you said, Lee Sin would be killing carries with single Q and AD/trinity build. If you really want to help make sure you know what are you saying.

Lord Bolas

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddam Hussajn View Post
About Lich Bane you are right. This item is good only if you already got over 400 AP. But your understanding of Sheen and Trinity is just wrong - it passive adds just 100% and 150% of BASIC AD as bonus damage respectively. If it would work like you said, Lee Sin would be killing carries with single Q and AD/trinity build. If you really want to help make sure you know what are you saying.
I'm perfectly aware of how Sheen and TF work. What I meant was Mystic deals 115 (I think) damage + 1x AD + Sheen/LB/TF which amounts to 115+ 2.5 AD with TF. So you basically get more value on Mystic for every point of AD than from AP. Each Bloodthirster is and effective 250 damage increase (I don't like BF, but that's not the point).

Aquea

12-01-2012

I was thinking of build Ez hybrid, too, just because I hate Bloodthirster and can't find a viable replacement for it... Still building AD.

Nerolunar

12-01-2012

thx for feedback every1

Lord Bolas

13-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquea View Post
I was thinking of build Ez hybrid, too, just because I hate Bloodthirster and can't find a viable replacement for it... Still building AD.
I don't like it either, so I only buy BT early when my game is going extremely well, otherwise I prefer to have just a Vampiric Scepter and build IE and Cleaver. You can try to stack IEs, they give 20 less damage, but are reliable as you don't loose the damage upon death. BT would be your sixth item, upgrading the Vampiric Scepter from earlier.

An early Tear into Manamune can give about 60-70 damage relatively cheap. Especially if you build Banshee's as a defensive item.

Aquea

13-01-2012

I just go for early Wriggle's for lifesteal and skip BT entirely, going for IE late and some defensive item as sixth slot.