How to counter Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

INemI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-12-2011

#1 Pick Riven.
#2 Make him cry.
#3 ????
#4 You'll probably have to put him on ignore cause he won't stop cursing.

res1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKrumm View Post
The thing many don't understand is that you need something I've begun to call a "dog hunter", main purpose of the "dog hunter" is to stop Nasus from farming THE ENTIRE GAME. Most Nasuses have a bad early game and then catch up because the enemy let them free farm after the laning phase and then he becomes unstoppable anyway.

About the healing... yea, with the new life steal runes combined with masteries Nasus becomes an unmovable object and heals retarded with Siphon. (I've met one of those, impossible to counter...)
So the answer to nasus is to get 1 person specifically guarding him?

I'm not sure how you think about it: but I don't consider that good gameplay - it's not for nothing 5 v 5. And if nasus forces a game to go 4 v 4 + 1 v 1, I consider that bad and unwanted regardless of wether nasus is op or up.

Spheracul

29-12-2011

ARpen runes, garen, get to brush, silence him then spin for the win

29-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommie47 View Post
Title says all...
I was told, that harras helps...
I tried GP, landed every parley, but hey, Nasus heald it like a boss, and got stacks on his Q.
Tried Pantheon, but same result.

today, i tried GP again, killed him twice, but anyway, he farmed enough minions (75 -100), to buy sheen and phage, so he was ukliiable...1v3 and he walked away with kill...

I always ban him, when I can, but what if I cant? I try to go solo top, because everyone is feeding him with kills, I can atleast kill him on lane with help from jungler, but hes such a beast and i cant do anything...

Things that came to my mind - Garen or ranged AD?
Hai there, u should buy Executioners calling when GP

ZynoBeta

29-12-2011

just deny his q farm when he goes to farm just go like u go for kill

Plättbagarn

29-12-2011

A good "counter" I've noticed, playing Nasus a lot, is starting early teamfights. Get an early game champ against him top and deny him as much farm as possible, then start teamfights fast.
This forces him to make a decision, keep farming while you have 5v4s, or play underfarmed 5v5s. If he chooses farming, his team will mostly give up at 20 and he'll be blamed for it.
Should he go for teamfights, he'll be very weak and will be blamed for it.
His early game is his weakness. Which is one of the reasons he's not played much at higher ELO, because the meta is based more on early- than late game.

Kapuchu1

29-12-2011

Honestly: People who say that GP & Garen counter Nasus Solo top... stupid. Garen, try to harass? Heal it up again. GP: Try to harass? Heal it up again.

if they however manage to push me back to my turret (which is a stupid idea) I just farm there, building up strength.

The most annoying champ i have met in solo top is Yoric. Can't do **** agains him :/

TL;DR Pick Yoric. He's a ****ing nightmare for Nasus.

Atharia

29-12-2011

the champions I've had the most trouble against as Nasus has been Olaf and Riven tbh. Never met a rumble or Yorick, but would imagine it could be a pain.

everyone else I've found to be pretty easily countered, if you just start with your defensive items and focus on farm, which is what should be your goal anyway..

Verdade

29-12-2011

Nasus can still Q yorick's minions for Q damage.

Jerkling

29-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommie47 View Post
Title says all...
I was told, that harras helps...
I tried GP, landed every parley, but hey, Nasus heald it like a boss, and got stacks on his Q.
Tried Pantheon, but same result.

today, i tried GP again, killed him twice, but anyway, he farmed enough minions (75 -100), to buy sheen and phage, so he was ukliiable...1v3 and he walked away with kill...

I always ban him, when I can, but what if I cant? I try to go solo top, because everyone is feeding him with kills, I can atleast kill him on lane with help from jungler, but hes such a beast and i cant do anything...

Things that came to my mind - Garen or ranged AD?
GP can counter him very efficiently. Just harras him when he tries to last hit with his "q". Also you are much stronger then he is at early levels until he gets his ult. Try auto attacking him also don't spam your parrrley on Nasus blindly, you need it to farm minions too.

You need to out farm Nasus which you can accomplish by sending him to his base once or twice early, maybe killing him by ganks or 1on1 combat, If you make him lose some early farm his recovery would be hard. Also you should never ever leave a Nasus alone in any lane be it top or down always put a man infront of him preferebbly you (his laning opponent)

After lvl 6 you can still harras him until he ult's but when he does just retreat don't even consider fighting because most likely he can outlive you. When his ult ends you just go in head on (ofcourse depending on your HP and Mana and map awaraness) this way you have a better shot at killing him. Always make sure to use your "w" (as Gangplank) right after he uses Wither on you.

Sure late game he is a beast but if you manage to keep him at mediumish farm he can't out live your whole team fights. I just finished a game against Nasus top as GP and after 35 mins he had 140~ cs thus couldn't hurt us that much.