Recommended computer specs for playing at 60 fps with max settings?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Storbusaren

23-12-2011

Hi. Need a new computer, and I want to play with max graphic settings and have stable 60 FPS. Which specs should I choose (building it myself) to get that? As cheap as possible, this computer will only be used for LoL.

SalyTo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-12-2011

maybe 2Gb RAM 1Gb nvidia i guess

FantasticMoose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalyTo View Post
maybe 2Gb RAM 1Gb nvidia i guess
I got a mate running that setup, not enough. He can't get past 45 fps.

Specules

23-12-2011

How about not giving advice since you obviously don't know the first thing about computers?

5h1nj1

23-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticMoose View Post
I got a mate running that setup, not enough. He can't get past 45 fps.
What "setup"? He didn't list any setup. O_o

You can get a fairly cheap PC with Intel Core i5 (or even i3) CPU, 4GB DDR3 RAM and a Nvidia GTX 560Ti for example. Can run 60 FPS stable. It's a typical gaming rig nowadays.

vslavov

Recruiter

23-12-2011

Intel i3-2100, 2x2GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, nVidia (not directly from nvidia, pick a vendor like Asus for example) GTS240 1GB. That should be enough for 60+ FPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h1nj1 View Post

You can get a fairly cheap PC with Intel Core i5 (or even i3) CPU, 4GB DDR3 RAM and a Nvidia GTX 560Ti for example. Can run 60 FPS stable. It's a typical gaming rig nowadays.
"As cheap as possible" and you mention 560Ti?

5h1nj1

23-12-2011

Why not? It's not an expensive top level card like GTX 590 or something, it's mainstream gaming hardware. And it's a very good value for the money.
He also mentioned 60FPS with max settings. That may seem easy with a game like this at first sight but that's far from truth. In intense team fights with 10 heroes casting their spells at the same time with all those effects, the framerate tends to drop even on a powerfull PC.
If he desperately needs to save money, something like an ATI HD6770 can be used but I'm not sure about stable 60 FPS then.

vslavov

Recruiter

23-12-2011

Well, depends on where he lives. In my country, 560Ti is a card most middle-class people can't afford.

5h1nj1

23-12-2011

Uh, ok, maybe he could tell us his financial limit then and we could be more precise.

FantasticMoose

23-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h1nj1 View Post

For the sake of pedantery.

2Gb RAM 1Gb nvidia is in itself not enough. You need more than this to break the 60 fps.