Do you like this champion, and would you like to try him?

Yes. 51 65.38%
No. 21 26.92%
Needs rework. (Please leave feedback why!) 6 7.69%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Suggestion] - Raithen, The Lord Of Lightning

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackslayter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

Tags:
Ranged
Mage

No lore, but i can come up with some... hopefully.

Stats:

Quote:
Health: 410 (+68 per level)
Mana: 394 (+51 per level)
Damage: 57.83 (+3.5 per level)
Movement Speed: 325 (+0 per level)
Armor: 17 (+3.75 per level)
Magic Resist: 30 (+0.2 per level)
Spells:

Quote:
Passive: Lightning Energies: Each spell cast applies "Charged" debuff for 4 seconds, that reduces target's movement speed by 10% (does not stack). If enemy is hit with another ability, additional effects are applied.
Quote:
Q: Lightning Blade: (60/80/100/110/120 mana, 8/7/6/5/4/4 seconds cooldown.)
Active: Raithen fires lightning bolt along skillshot line, dealing 115/140/170/200/240 (+0.7 AP) magical damage to all enemies hit, applying passive.
Passive: Enemies affected by passive have their MR reduced by 5/10/15/20/25 for 4 seconds.
Quote:
W: Lightning Fury: (50 mana, 14/13/12/11/10/9 seconds cooldown.)
Raithen guides a tremendous lightning bolt onto single enemy, dealing 95/130/170/195/260 (+0.7 AP) magical damage and snaring him for 1 second.
If passive is applied, snare lasts for 2 seconds

Quote:
E: Lightning Rod: (60 mana, 15 seconds fixed cooldown)
Raithen places his steel rod on the battlefield. Each second (for 5 seconds total), lightning strucks this rod, causing 30/45/60/80/90 (+0.4 AP) magical damage around it. If he hits this rod with his Q, damage procs immiedately, and is increased by 30 (on all levels). If Lightning Storm is active, damage of this spell is increased for the whole duration. Does apply passive, and if the passive effect is applied, enemies get slowed by 40% for every proc (does not stack)
(Note: While this ability is active, Raithen cannot use autoattacks)
Quote:
R: Lightning Storm: (110/130/150 mana)
Upon casting and after 3 seconds channel, magical storm is created above battlefield. For the next 5 seconds, every enemy that casts spell on map is damaged for 200/275/350 (+0.4 AP) magical damage (regardless of distance). If multiple spells are cast, enemy is damaged more times, but damage decreases by 50% each time (cannot go below 120).
Applies passive, but has no additional effect.
Note to passive:
Passive effects can be applied all at once, like this:
First spell (Q) procs passive, second spell (E) activates, and enemies get slowed. After that, one of them gets hit by another spell (W) and procs passive again. If they get hit by another spell (Q) they get it's effect applied and W's passive refreshes.

Changed his E, this is old one:
E: Lightning Surge: Raithen releases electrical blast from his location, dealing 150/175/200/225/265 damage to every enemy within. (Range like Karthus's E)

Quotes:
Quote:
Upon selection: "The storm is coming."
Movement: "I am on the way."
"Thunder follows my steps."
"Storm cannot be contained."
"Going."
Attack: "You shall see my wrath!"
"You cannot stop your doom!"
"Lightning will strike again!"
"Death from above!"
Joke: "Forgot to change my batteries again... Oh, better quiet about that."
"And you don't want to know where i put them."
Taunt: "Are you afraid of the storm?"
(Yeah, not really much, i know.)

Quote:
All thanks for look picture go to massacreblader, who drawn it. Thanks again for that

Leave feedback!
And also, if you like him, please vote on: http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=37318, it would really help me

Changelog:
N. 1 Added damage reduction to ulti.
N. 2 Changed E.
N. 3 Changed E one more time,
N. 4 Added passive effects to all spells, reworked base passive. Added quotes.
N. 5 Changed him into ranged, changing W completely. Also, reworked passive effects. Quoted parts of text for better reading.
N. 6 Added look picture.
N. 7 Added damage ratios. I am sure they are wrong, so feel free to correct me.
N. 8 Fixed minor spelling errors. Nerfed damage from E and changed W's stun into snare. Added cooldowns.
N. 9 Added channelling time to ultimate.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Looks.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	625.4 KB
ID:	52131  

Blackslayter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2011

Realized he is OP, so i nerfed his ulti by a bit.
Also, bump.

Blackslayter

09-12-2011

Bump for new E.

Blackslayter

10-12-2011

Bump again.

B4N4N4 Slayer

10-12-2011

Hey nice idea....
I couldn't really decide on his ulti too
I believe you could combine them like this:

Lightning Doom:

Raithen drops his sword on targeted location and summons the "Great Storm" above the battlefield. For the next 10 seconds every enemy who casts a spell receives 50/100/150 magic damage and one stack of the "lightningrod" debuff. At the end of the duration all enemies in a 750 AoE around Raithen's sword receive 50/100/150 damage per lightningrod stack they have.

What do you think?

Blackslayter

10-12-2011

Hmm, not bad idea. But can you imagine what happens to "spammages" like Ryze or bursters that need all spells for single combo? I had to do the damage nerf on ulti n. 2 when i imagined that...
If they would use their whole skillset, its 4 stacks and 4*150 is 600, which is kinda improved version of Karthus's ulti. And then another 600 damage from stacks, 1200 damage from single spell? Especially mages would bring you underground with hate.....

B4N4N4 Slayer

10-12-2011

yeah.....why don't it be 1 stack every 2 spells and damage reduced like what you said 60% per strike?

Blackslayter

10-12-2011

Well i actually think 60% reduction is quite a lot, so i probably will give it a minimum cap and reduce it to 40%. But tbh, i doubt that anyone would stay in single AoE for 10 seconds, so you would have only 150 damage for sure, but damage from the sword is little impractical. All durationed AoE effects (Nunu, GP or Pantheon's ultimates) are pretty simple to evade. That is why you would have hard time landing that hit from sword, even if the AoE would match the one Pantheon has.

kalpo

10-12-2011

Would you mind to elaborate on originality of gameplay? His abilities seem a bit on the mundane side to me. How do you imagine the spells to follow up and what would be the difference compared to other champs in game?

passive is too random. A nice idea, but not really much. You basically shoot it off with one spell and that's it. It's just there you have no choice but to look how it gets weaker in battle and you can't do anything about it - soo discouraging (the global U would work moderately well with this since you can cast it from spawn... highly situational though).

You have three damage spells and one that allows for sustained dps and a hiding place behind the front rows. Don't think we have a range altering spell (well Kog'maw and Tristana's passive, but yours is up from melee so I'll give you that). I just feel that this suggestion doesn't contribute. The last few champs were extremely creative to give an edge on top of gameplay, all with jumping Fizz and Vayne. I just think yours doesn't provide.

//ultimate problem. Considered reducing damage taken for every subsequent spell cast? I imagine a 20-25% reduction would suffice. Reduce duration to 4-5 seconds and it's game. Note that is't a great gang opening, so in those 4 seconds you and your team should be able to force the enemy to cast spells. If not, the chances are the ultimate was cast wrongly.

Blackslayter

10-12-2011

I can think about that, that is for sure. But i kinda lack the creativity necesarry for making original spells, so that might be hard. For now, i just have stuff that could make good AP mage. And also, what can come from this concept? All that comes to me is lighting hitting single target or etc.
Ideas would be appreciated.
Also, agree on ultimate, will rework that.

1234511 ... 15