Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can't play because game hangs at loading screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

altme

12-07-2011

Hello,

Like the title says, recently, most of the times the game stops responding when the loading screen appears usually around 55% or 97% ... When this happens, opening or switching other windows is jerky and it's like other programs don't receive control over the cpu for enough time.

I usually manage to open the task manager (with a lot of patience) and I can kill the processes for the pvp.net, patcher, rads_kernel easily but I can't kill the process for the game fast; I have to wait a lot (~ 3 - 4 min) and in the mean time spam the 'End Process' button or restart the computer.

This never happened to me till now and before this I didn't do any os updates, change any hardware or things like these also I have enough resources left for the game even when it hangs.

What can I do, what info should I provide to solve this issue?

Thank you