Is corki viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tatsuyaki

07-12-2011

I used to be so bad as Corki too. Then I decided to play him until I "master" him. The key is to know when to use your W; either aggressively or defensively.

As for Manamune not being viable; I disagree. I tried a couple of games without it, you just run out of mana too fast. If you do get a Manamune you can push a lot faster. The only time I'd say you don't need Manamune is when you get blue buff everytime it is up which should go to your AP carry.

Miro Zagorsky

07-12-2011

Corki is viable, yes. As the above poster said, knowing when to use W is EVERYTHING. This skill can practically make Corki uncatchable in a teamfight if used well, while his long-range bombs enable him to at least do some damage without exposing himself to much risk.

As for manamune, I`d say it gives you more freedom to use your skills, and you don`t even sacrifice all that much of your dmg. Supplementing this with some other item that gives mana (the only one I can think of is triforce) is a good thing.

However, if you want more damage output, you should go for the highest AD build you can find. Remember, your passive does true damage, so you should not worry that much about armor penetration, rather you should get MOAR dmg!

BuckWhite

07-12-2011

I'd say Corki is very viable. He is tough to master, and is very skill-shot based but if you just learn him a little bit you become a force to be reckoned with.

As he is my main ad carry, i can give you tips on runes,masteries, summoners etc.

I run Flash Exhaust/Cleanse on him, depending on if i feel like i need cleanse. Flash works well if your valkyrie gets disrupted, so you always save it for the crucial moments when you really need it.
21/0/9 Masteries, going for CDR, Armor Pen, Crit Strike in the offensive tree (Skip the life-steal).
I run Armor Pen/Ad reds on him, Mana Regen blues (Without manamune, Corki is one mana-hungry bomber), CDR blues (Moar rocketz plz) and AD Quints. This will really strenghten you throughout the entire game, especially early level if you go full ad marks and quints.
I either start with a Dorans Blade or Boots + 3 Pots depending on my support and enemy ad carry. Get Berserker Greaves on your first trip back. Build either Phage or Sheen in the beginning, rushing Trinity force. After that you get Bloodthirster, then get either Last Whisper if enemy starts stacking armor, defensive item if you are getting focused in teamfights (Quicksilver Sash or Banshees), or Inifinity Edge if you want to dump on them some moar.

So, the build order again:
Dorans Blade/Boots + 3 Pot > Zerk Greaves > Sheen/Phage > Trinity > Bloodthirster > Last Whisper > Quicksilver Sash/Banshees Veil > Infinity Edge

The last 3 items can be built in any order depending on what you feel you need. If you dont feel you need Last Whisper, get a...PHANTOM DANCER! Jk lol, then maybe you can consider black cleaver instead or smth.
...Maybe that wasn't a very funny joke after all.
Do not initiate teamfights going rambo valkyrie in, especially if your flash is down. ALWAYS run cleanse if you are laning against taric + vayne, or if they have rammus jungle. Gatling Gun is Op. Q + Rockets into caster minions = Fast farm. Lizard Buff on Corki is hell for the other player.

Last but not least: Last hit, last hit and last hit. Last hits are more important than harassing 24/7. If you see a chance to fire an autoattack and Q, do it. But not on the behalf of losing creep kills, if it can be avoided.

Hope that my tips might be of any help to you. Good luck to you, sir.

MouN5000

07-12-2011

3 i main ad carries, and got my first penta with him not long ago. Use armor pen marks, armor seals, mr glyphs, and flat ad quints, with 21 9 0 picking up the magic pen. Then rush trinity, and learn to use sheen correctly, and you will do tons of damage. btw dont build manamune, it is fine, when it is done, but you are very weak early. More mana is also useless, if you learn not to spam your abilities when not needed. For example 2 ults to kill ranged creeps is better than ult and Q.

MickTalbot

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuho Jarke View Post
(Corki dont need flash as much as Cait or Kog and have strong burst without W, so u can try ignite or cleanse)
Or you can skip the ignite and keep the flash because a well-aimed offensive valkyrie can deal tons of dmg. And u can still flash out if needed