Kassa in Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Executioners

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-11-2011

So me and my friend were arguing about Kassa lane matchups and talking about how to counter him pre lv 6.

I told him Cass and Karthus totally counter Kassa since they have low mana cost on their harassment abilities and can outharass Kassa which is a melee mage and has to get close to minions when last hitting.
Also, since Kass' abilities cost so much Mana he would be forced to be hugging turret and starve out of mana and eventually have to go back if the enemy continues to harass.

So basically what I'm saying is that if the enemy Cass/Karthus are any good they would force Kassa out of lane eventually and will have a much better cs score since Kassa has to get hit if he wants to CS.

My friend doesn't agree with me, and thinks that an agressive play would be the way to win.

What do you think?

wikileaks

26-11-2011

Actually,Kassadin counters Karthus,not the other way around.Being melee means you're near a minion most of the time you're going in to lasthit,so Karthus' Lay Waste does 1/3 of the damage you can return with a Q.

Executioners

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikileaks View Post
Actually,Kassadin counters Karthus,not the other way around.Being melee means you're near a minion most of the time you're going in to lasthit,so Karthus' Lay Waste does 1/3 of the damage you can return with a Q.
Range on Lay waste is much bigger than Kassa's Q, he wouldn't be able to respond.
Add up that 1/3 dmg and that kassa will die eventually.
Heck, I'm sure he will not receive just that 1/3 dmg, since he will most likely hit full dmg even once in a while.

Kharpablo

26-11-2011

Karthus harass is easier to shake off if you go for boots/3 pots opening, fairly easy to avoid. Vs Cass i have been using lately mass potting. Instead of boots you go for massive potion stack and you can starve Cassios mana that way. You won't be winning the lane early but you won't get denied that hard.

Executioners

26-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharpablo View Post
Karthus harass is easier to shake off if you go for boots/3 pots opening, fairly easy to avoid. Vs Cass i have been using lately mass potting. Instead of boots you go for massive potion stack and you can starve Cassios mana that way. You won't be winning the lane early but you won't get denied that hard.
Stacking health pots is a really good idea, however it does 2 bad things:
1) Wastes your gold on temporary items that will not benefit your build in any way.
2) If you don't get boots against Cass then her every harassment will eventually exceed your health pot maximum (add health pots nerf next patch and add the fact that it takes 20 seconds to regen 200hp).

Also, you will be hugging turret this way since you don't have mana regen or low mana cost abilities.

AfraidOfTheLight

26-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioners View Post
So me and my friend were arguing about Kassa lane matchups and talking about how to counter him pre lv 6.

I told him Cass and Karthus totally counter Kassa since they have low mana cost on their harassment abilities and can outharass Kassa which is a melee mage and has to get close to minions when last hitting.
Also, since Kass' abilities cost so much Mana he would be forced to be hugging turret and starve out of mana and eventually have to go back if the enemy continues to harass.

So basically what I'm saying is that if the enemy Cass/Karthus are any good they would force Kassa out of lane eventually and will have a much better cs score since Kassa has to get hit if he wants to CS.

My friend doesn't agree with me, and thinks that an agressive play would be the way to win.

What do you think?
Your friend is probaly right, karthus's Q give kassadins "E" Max stacks all the time.. which gives kassadin great harass

Executioners

26-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfraidOfTheLight View Post
Your friend is probaly right, karthus's Q give kassadins "E" Max stacks all the time.. which gives kassadin great harass
It is a great burst indeed however we're talking pre-lv 6 here.
Kassa's E is short range, no way he would be able to hit it against a good player.

Kharpablo

26-11-2011

Think it as a investment. You waste some gold on pots, but you get it back in farm.

Also if the Cass is good she will hit Q every time when you are closing in to creep for last hits. Boots or no boots, you can't avoid it if Cass ain't spamming it mindlessly all over the lane.

Executioners

26-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharpablo View Post
Think it as a investment. You waste some gold on pots, but you get it back in farm.

Also if the Cass is good she will hit Q every time when you are closing in to creep for last hits. Boots or no boots, you can't avoid it if Cass ain't spamming it mindlessly all over the lane.
Good point.
It might work, but Cass can just sit there and Q you all day since her mana costs are redicilously low.
Her harassment is stronger than you can actually regen, and her dmg adds up to far more than 200 hp per 20 seconds.

CactusLime

27-11-2011

I have played both Karthus and Kassadin quite a bit and this is what I've found:

Kassadin doesn't stand a chance in farming until he gets catalyst/tear, but harassment-wise Kassadin will win. If there are junglers present in the game, Kassadin will pull ahead as it's easier to gank Karthus because he will be the one pushing as Q-lasthitting deals damage to other minions.

So up to level 6 Kassadin will have less minions but maybe a kill/an assist and will probably also hit level 6 earlier. After 6 you really can't compare them as they are the exact opposites of AP carries