This is How to Counter Fizz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iciclewind

20-11-2011

This thread is an attemp to alter the general opition of our adorable newcomer, Fizz. In this thread, I will try to share some insights on why Fizz is more towards balanced than overpowered, and give tips to players having trouble with him. To make this less dull, I will gather a list of common complaints about Fizz, and give my own opinions as response. All responses are solely based on my own couple of games of experience of Fizz.

Quote:
Fizz has two gap closers at a moderate-long cooldown, of which one can even reliably jump over thin and normal walls. Urchin Strike can also be used on this regard when the target is visible and is close enough to the wall. Playful/Trickster grants short invulnerability and can even be used to scout over thin walls. So much mobility and utility in one champion is so unfair!
First of all, thank you Feralpony and Xypherous for making this incredibly fun champion. Quote Doublelift:" This champion is so much fun, everyone should buy it". I believe Fizz's design is a part of Riot's evil plan to make LoL a more agression oriented game. Fizz will not only compete against Teemo for cutest champion but also against Kassadin and Lee Sin for the most mobile champion. Please allow me come to this question later because a champions strength must be determined from looking from several perspectives.

Quote:
Alright dude, Fizz has the best AP ratio total in game, and his burst can't be handled, how do you explain that?
So we are talking about pure AP Fizz. You are right that Fizz has extremly good ratios. Do I think they are too high? No. Fizz needs those ratios simply because he's melee (I'll come back to the gap closers pls be patient). His E is also rarely used to apply damage rather than chasing/escaping/dodging. His R has amazing damage, though it will rarely hit squishies at the back in team fights, and is mostly used to follow up or counter an initiation. Fizz does snowball well. If you are getting bursted down time after time, think about what you could have done differently. You are Ashe, will you for one creep kill risk getting in range of Irelia Q who is zoning you out? What about the one zoning you out is Akali? There is no way Fizz can burst you down with just one round of abilities.

Quote:
Dude, this Fizz I had last game wasn't even fed and yet he killed me from 80% HP in one rotation.
If you are the squishy without reliable getting away skill, consider buying a Banshee. It's really standard when playing against any kind of burster. In a team fight, he can't use his E nonchalantly because he will melt once it's over.

Quote:
Fizz is clearly broken since even bruiser build is viable, sometimes even better.
When Irelia came out, Phreak built him more towards the assasin side than bruiser. Now everyone plays him as bruiser, getting only 1 offensive items, and that's accepted. She got nerfs because she was broken, not because she could be built into two roles. Phreaks build FYI: Youmuu's, Starks, Frozen Mallet, GA, Negatron, Berserker's Boots.

Quote:
Back to the first complain, Fizz is impossible to chase or escape from.
He is seriously not more annoying than the likes of Kassadin, Akali, Talon or Tryndamere. Learn to ward properly, and enchance your map awareness. Mind your position in team fights. It's a certain death if you get separated from your team.

Quote:
Stop comparing Fizz with OP champions
I am not. I only named a bunch of Assassins and Trydamere. I am aware of that assassins are problematic in solo queue, though there is nothing I can do.

Quote:
With two dashes, it's hard to prevent tanky DPS Fizz from hitting AD carries. What should I do?
Fizz's damage as tanky DPS really doesn't shine. I would prefer Irelia in my team at any time. His W isn't a problem either since he doesn't have innate sustain either. In competitive play, an ADC's job is to rip apart enemy tanks and tanky DPS. You really won't many chances to fight their ADC/APC head on.

Quote:
I can't beat him with Brand, what to do?
Live with it, there are natural counters, Talon does the job just as good. Once Fizz uses his Q and E for harrassing, he is meat for the next 8 seconds. Call a jungle gank if he is doing that under your turret. Use your mana to primarily counter push, remember he uses mana too.

Quote:
So to sum it up, what are Fizz's weaknesses and drawbacks?
1. His primary harrass verses a ranged in lane is WQE combo, once they are on cd, hit him hard. If he overextends with Q, he is dead.
2. He is vulnerable with E is on cooldown.
3. He has troubles pushing and farming without blue buff.
4. His jungle is slow (3:45-3:55)
5. He has no innate sustain
6. He is melee.
7. He is squishy built AP.
8. His damage is medicore built tanky
9. His ultimate is unreliable
10. He has a global taunt hidden as one of his passives.

TwoThree232323

20-11-2011

I don't really consider Fizz OP, but if I did, I wouldn't be convinced by your post

Just sayin'...

Kharpablo

20-11-2011

It's bit early to judge, but my initial feeling is that he is at least on the stronger side of champions. Anyways as stated it's too early to judge, but that goes both ways so wouldn't exactly call him balanced either yet. Now is the time to observe.

Seastone trident seems to be the ability that's doing all the damage, but right now it's really hard to say how does it actually work and what part of the ability is frontload and what is the dot part?

Kapuchu1

20-11-2011

Stay out of range of his attacks.

Never had any troubles with him. His playful/trickster is fairly easy to avoid. his Q, well people rarely skill it up early so doesn't really hit that hard and so on.

Elitelink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-11-2011

Can't say this post helped at all, sorry.
You are just stating obvious things that just help a little.
There is one way to counter Fizz. Instant stun/silence then nuke (Soraka's silence is a great example, Taric's stun is not, easy to dodge).

Elitelink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-11-2011

Can't say this post helped at all, sorry.
You are just stating obvious things that just help a little.
There is one way to counter Fizz. Instant stun/silence then nuke (Soraka's silence is a great example, Taric's stun is not, easy to dodge).

sipJo

20-11-2011

Any good ad champ is his counter

Sovix

20-11-2011

Maybe if the enemy sits there motionlessly u can do most of the things here, but in a real team fight these r just theories and not much use.

pats7grecce

01-07-2013

I think fizz is one of the best ap champions he is very op...When the fizz have 900ap with the Q he can to take the half or the foull life from the enemy!! You need one lich bane..2 rabadons hat....one boots....one zhonyas hourglass...and one rylais!!