Counter kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hallvor

16-11-2011

How do you counter an aggressive kassadin, at lvl 1-5 i think its pretty easy outzoning him, but he keep harrasing me every time with silence and he's e spell
And at lvl 6, i got no ****ing idea how to beat him.
I mostly play brand in mid

Kharpablo

16-11-2011

Brand is not the most optimal champion for the job. You should set your eyes onto some bruiser.

Then again Brand is not totally worthless vs Kass. Remember to utilize your autoattacks when fighting Kass even if you happen to be a caster. It starts to add up very quickly early game.

HighLanderPony

16-11-2011

Kass is an anti-mage, of course you'll have problems as Brand. Try a bruiser or autoattacker as Kharpablo said (Panth, Xin, Urgot, ranged carries etc.). You could also try early MR or Merc's. Brand doesn't really need Sorc shoes, since he can get Void, although Sorc does help early on... but with Tenacity, you make Kass' silence less effective. So try that or the AP Tenacity item, eventhough it's kinda bad. :/

Or just remember that his silence has a medium cooldown and a travel time, so you can hit him with a spell before it hits you. And watch for his E spell charges, he can't use it without the swirly thing around him (he also makes Darth Vader breathing noises when it's available to him).

kamukam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-11-2011

Morgana with her shield.

Sha1yen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-11-2011

I actually find that Brand works quite well against kassa when he's being overly agressive. Max your E first, and be sure to hit him every single time he moves forward to hit you. He will quickly turn down the agression since he's losing some 15-20% of his hp every time he tries to attack.
Other champions I've had good results with are:

Cassiopeia - Q-spam before he gets close enough

LeBlanc - Turn the fight on him

AP-Sion - Stun-Shield combo whenever he tries something

Malz - DoT him, and you can even time your own silence to stop him from casting anything at all

Hallvor

16-11-2011

But lets say its not ranked game, if i pick brand mid i have no idea i will face kassadin, and i dont like to play caitlyn / tristana / yi W/E in mid

desalph

16-11-2011

I play Kassadin alot and rly doing good witch him. Just as others here told dont use mage against him. I notice that ie. Talon is very hard to beat at mid for me - his silent and slow can rly pwn kassadin if he know how to do.

Hallvor

16-11-2011

pre 6 i bet. after 6 you can pretty much rofl at anything as kassa?

desalph

16-11-2011

After 6 Talon got his ulti to. I think its about his silent + ad, u dont wanna buy armor in early lvls as kassadin. Hes silent is rly long - u cant riftwalk away and he can do his combo + autoattacks (kass cant do nothing) After that kass have 50% hp if his lucky, then he can do it again and now use ulti and kass is dead. Imo its a real counter early, mid and maybe even late game for kassadin. Gonna buy Talon soon.

RedClawz

16-11-2011

Kassadin can be countered by few champs by meaning "countered" such as AP Sion, Morgana, Talon, Sivir but what I see most of ppl do wrong vs kassadin when playing non counters is when kassadin ports to them and does combo they just run away doing nothing and thats wrong, u need to do autoattacks on him untill u get silence down and follow him as he will start to walk away from u, then when u get silence off u start poking him to do some damage aswell.