New Masteries and AP Carries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n4zArh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-11-2011

Inspired by topic made by some other player I decided to look at new masteries as AP carry player. I made up two trees possible to pick for that kind of champions and I would like for you to rate it (without flame).

First mastery - more offence oriented, 20/0/10. As we can see there are many +AP masteries in offence tree. I don't go 21, cause last mastery is quite useless for AP carry IMO. And since defence tree has nothing interesting for us, I give all unnecesary points at utility tree. It goes like this:

Offence:
- 4/4 Mental Force - +4AP is like nothing, but it's still very best for us at this tier.
- 4/4 Sorcery followed by 1/1 Arcane Knowledge - 4%CDR and 10%MPen, need any comment?
- 4/4 Blast - 1AP per lvl gives 18AP at max lvl. Would be great at start, but again, I feel like it's quite marginal.
- 4/4 Archmage - 5% AP more. The more AP you have, the more AP will you get as bonus. +15AP for 300AP, +25 for 500...
- You must have realize that I lack 3 points to get to tier 4 mastery. I decided to take SS mastery, Demolition (+10dmg to towers) and 1/2 Butcher (additional 2dmg to minions). I just don't know where should I use this points, so I took those which looked quite fun.

Utility:
- 3/3 Expanded Mind - additional mana is more important than ress times, and it's quite big (12 per lvl).
- Improved Recall - no need to comment, 1 second faster recall can save your butt when you are chased, also you can come back to lane faster.
- SS mastery - mainly for Flash, considering it will be still viable. If not, teleport is quite nice option too.
- 3/3 Meditation - +3mp5. More than 1 mana per 2 secs. Just great.
- Buff mastery + 1/3 Spell Vamp or 2/3 Spell Vamp - can't make my mind, but I think that first option will be more useful since we are main champions to take blue.

Second option is going 9/0/21. We don't give a thing about new AP masteries then and concentrate on getting MPen only. We lose 1AP per lvl and 5%AP (not counting Demo and Butcher, since they are just fillers), but instead we get few stuff from Uti. I wont comment Offence tree - we get 4AP, 4%CD and 10%MPen or trade one AP for SS, which can give us more. Now, let's move on:

Utility:
- tier 1 & 2 same as on previous tree.
- 3/3 Spell Vamp + buff mastery - more HP you heal from spells and additional time on your blue. Totally worth it.
- 4/4 Awareness - 5% more XP is what we need to outlvl that annoying Brand in front of us.
- 3/3 Intelligence and 1/3 Perseverance - first one for great boost to CDR (6%) and second as filler.
- 1/1 Mastermind - 15% cdr on SS. That means faster flash/ghost/ignite/teleport/whatever-will-you-take.

Now, it's my dilemma. Which is more useful to caster - nice boost of AP (30+, depends on our AP value - for very long game it might be even 70 more) or little boosts to spellvamp (+2% more), XP gain (+5%), CDR (+6%) and SS CDR? I think that second option is little bit more useful, but still have no sure. What do you think about it, and what would you change if you don't agree on none of my masteries?

Again - flame posts will be totally ignored, don't bother writing them.

swoorn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-11-2011

Yes

KainMaster

13-11-2011

Looks good in my opinion. I'm still making up new skill trees in my head based of the info we have, to be honest!

I would PERSONALLY however go 21/0/9 like the "typical" build is (needless to say what the final one should be!) and remove the Buff Mastery. But that might just be me.

n4zArh

13-11-2011

21/0/9 depends on one thing. Will that dmg boost be active on both physical and magical dmg (not only auto, but skills as well), or autoattack only? That is really important, cause boosting auto will be useless for casters. If it will work on spells... it will be hard to decide which tree is more important.