What jungle masteries should I have with the new masteries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KainMaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2011

If you haven't seen them yet, the new masteries can be seen HERE:

http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/masteries-season-two

I've been checking up the new Masteries, and I personally think I might do something like 21/1/8.

My main jungler (because I suck at jungling) is Nunu, so I'm thinking about those things:

Offense tree;

4x Mental Force (4 total)
Reason: Extra AP. Nunu scales with AP, so...

2x Butcher (6 total)
Reason: Partly due to filler to get 20 points, partly to get extra damage against minions/monsters.

4x Sorcery (10 total)
Reason: Cooldown Reduction. What do you THINK?

1x Demolitionist (11 total)
Reason: Filler, mainly.

1x Arcane Knowledge (12 total)
Reason: Partly (again) as a filler, but also to give me 10% mag penetration for when I have to gank.

1x Blast (13 total)
Reason: More AP/level.

3x Havoc (16 total)
Reason: Filler+extra damage = faster jungle (I'd assume)

4x Archmage OR 3x Sunder+1x Summoner's Wrath (20 total)
Reason: Either extra AP (%, I know) or flat ArPen. Summoner's Wrath is for filler, mainly, or if I decide to use Ghost rather than Flash.

1x Executioner (21 total)
Reason: Partly due to being the final of the Offensive Tree, but also to have an easier time killing/forcing enemy to fall back in a gank.

Defense tree:

1x Summoner's Resolve. (1 total)
Reason: Smite. Isn't that self-explained?

Utility tree:
1x Summoner's Insight (1 total)
Reason: Flash. Mainly.

1x Improved Recall (2 total)
Reason: 1 second lower recall = 1 second faster I can get back to jungle/gank from jungle.

3x Expanded Mind (5 total)
Reason: More MP/level.

3x Meditation OR 3x Swiftness (8 total)
Reason: Only thing worth grabbing from second tier, along with extra MP regeneration OR extra movement speed to faster clear jungle.

Sum of all: 30

That's just my thoughts about it, I dunno if it's a good idea because I suck at jungling, but I prefer making stuff up in advance.

Thanks for tips/comments!

Kaputom

13-11-2011

This needs a lot of practice and testing. It seems to me that defense and attack tree becomes more valuable for all the junglers, though the bonus XP from creeps on utility was a must before, but now located on top of it meaning a hard decision to make. I must test a lot for sure.

marrmar

13-11-2011

It's kinda complicated. Summoner's resolve will probably be a must for Smite. Lifesteal would probably be great and some minion denying on defence tree. The problem is, with all those points in offensive and deffensive tree you probably won't have enough to get the important gold per 10, buff duration and bonus exp. It will certainly require a lot of testing, but I find the new masteries pretty interesting, and I think they'll play a bigger part in the game than ever before.

Kaputom

13-11-2011

I just read another thread on west forums that exp buff will no longer required to hit lvl 2 at blue or double golems, so utility tree is not an obligation anymore. This makes our calculations a little easier...

Omega86yu

16-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaputom View Post
I just read another thread on west forums that exp buff will no longer required to hit lvl 2 at blue or double golems, so utility tree is not an obligation anymore. This makes our calculations a little easier...
QFT. Just tested with Warwick with pure off/deff build, got to lvl 2 at starting double golems. I have to say that jungling seems smoother now, and, while I am still leveling and learning about the game, only reason to dip into Utility now seems to be movement speed. I hope someone will brainstorm a bit more about this, thanks

marrmar

16-11-2011

I think a 15/1/14 build would be viable, taking lifesteal in offense, improved smite on defense, and movement speed, gold per 10 and buff duration in utility.

Omega86yu

17-11-2011

I'd consider utility only for movement speed buff, I think that deff mastery that returns damage from creeps per hit will give you faster farming and more gold overall then gold per 10 in utility. Depends on the hero/build, needs some number crunching, but I think we'll be seeing more off/deff junglers down. In fact, at the top of my head, I can safely say I probably will not go lifesteal in WW jungle build, he's got enough sustainability as he is, but other junglers may want to take it.

Buritan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-11-2011

Do this:
Open browser
Go youtube.com
Enter search: stonewall008
Click the name of stonewall008 in random video
Then search the stonewall008 videos by the name of your champion yo want to play
Look info.
Click link.
Copy.
Play
Profit

This actually works.

BobFTW

24-11-2011

Taking 21-9 is great imo, picking up reflect damage as you go. However, you don't get 20% buff duration which is bad I think so I am not sure which mastery tree is the best.

Shoggunik

28-11-2011

IMO jungle has become much easier so I don't have to bother with defense tree. Surely I will miss this smite improvement but I find 20% longer buff duration more needed. And 21 in offense is propably the best way to make jungling as fast as possible.

@KainMaster I would rather get 4 points in swiftness over 3rd point in expanded mind. That's minor change but my preferences to make jungle even faster.