[Kawaii] Chinese Client pictures and icons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaDDz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-10-2011

It has come to my attention, that many summoners do not know that there exists a different art package - so i decided to post this little thread to give you this information and also a link to get it!

We can thank Ququroon from the NA forums for making these easily installable and usable - so all credits for packaging/formating/whatever elseing go to him.

Link to Ququroon's NA forum thread
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=205938

Below is the quoted link for download (recommended to go to NA forum for up to date version). For instructions what to do with the downloaded files, read the included readme.

Quote:
Download this rockin' file!
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20892940/Tencent+Art+Pack+v6.7.zip <-- 6.7! Click here to download this amazing pack! Now has both In-Game and PVP.net side images, for the optimal experience!
For updates/instructions go to the NA forum, as i said, i'm just forwarding information to the community.

The art pack includes :
Chinese client loading screens, champion select images, champion information images, outdated/alternate versions of champion images/screens and buddy icons.

What i enjoy on the pack most - the chinese buddy icons look like kawaii baby champions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bombs View Post
Translator's note: Kawaii means cute
Quote:
Originally Posted by res1ess View Post
Can I change it back?
As long as you backup the files you replace, it's just a matter of copypasting it back.
For the files that RAFManager replaces - you just have to consult the manual there. It's actually pretty easy, there's a install/uninstall button.

You are tampering with the LoL files though - if you by accident delete/change a wrong file, you might be forced to reinstall. But as long as you follow the readme included, you won't have any problems.

A post from a Red (Tryndamere personally) confirming it's legal, but may be risky to install :
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=4589899#post4589899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
As a heads up, this will likely break your patch.

Glad to see there is demand for this - maybe we need to support different UI themes!?

0_o

Aga Wojownik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-10-2011

well thank you dear sir, didn't think of searching on NA and spent few hours tryind to find similar thread around 1-2 months ago, when it's been posted on eune, with no luck.

Loklite

30-10-2011

Give us Chinese Kennen pictures -_-

DutchGirl329

30-10-2011

Downloading it right now, gonna take a look at it

MaDDz

31-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga Wojownik View Post
well thank you dear sir, didn't think of searching on NA and spent few hours tryind to find similar thread around 1-2 months ago, when it's been posted on eune, with no luck.
That's exactly the reason why i posted it here and now - going to try keep this updated so it doesn't get forgotten.. again

ErrorCode

31-10-2011

What does the chinese version of Lee Sin's artwork look like >.< There's quite many lacking in the wiki atleast...
DAT NIDALEE...Well ****, most if not all of those female artworks make our version ones look like hairy amazons from the wild. //Except Orianna, **** she's fat...

DutchGirl329

31-10-2011

Just installed it, loving it so far ^^

Small Bombs

31-10-2011

Translator's note: Kawaii means cute

MaDDz

31-10-2011

Some champions do not have any counterpart in the chinese artwork - others do. Might make a list of what there is/isn't... After i get some free time to do it

res1ess

31-10-2011

Can I change it back?

I do not wish to have anything to do with people who purposedly mow down students with tanks for voicing their opinion..

Or try to enforce their religions & uses upon different people (tibetans). Try to occupy other countries (taiwan). & have a complete disrespect for global environment. (CHINA just blew up a communication sattelite to celebrate their advancements in space. Neglecting the problems with having 1000s of quickly flying particles in already our crowded low earth orbits. Those particles will stay there for the next 100-500 years).

Why do we support such a country again?