About your Rp PURCHASE Riot!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rabarbariz

27-10-2011

I hate that you made random prices for Rp and random rp for that price.

For example i have 265rp now and i need 975 for a new skin.
i see that i get 707 for mobile payment 50kr(swedish money)
sadly thats 972rp and thats sad that i need to spend another 25kr for the 3 rp.

Can you make payments for minimum of 20 rp or something deal with this issue plzzz !!!!

Btw ty for reading and have nice birthday

Alamethliel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-10-2011

Those are not random prices. RP prices are carefully placed at that values (after brainstorming of RIOT managers or anyone who makes choices about IP/RP prices) and you can purchase exact values of RP. Because of that, RIOT can make exactly that kind of situations when you're put ahead of a choice (or simply forced) to buy more RP than you need for something, just to buy the thing you want to buy, delivering more cash to their wallet. Typical marketing knowledge.
There is no evil in that. Every company wants to make profit. You always have a choice not to buy RP at all. The rest is up to you .

The other thing is, you can buy RP to make it 972 in your case and draw something to get rest of your needed RP, but that's not guaranteed and can take some time.

vrapche

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamethliel View Post
Those are not random prices. RP prices are carefully placed at that values (after brainstorming of RIOT managers or anyone who makes choices about IP/RP prices) and you can purchase exact values of RP. Because of that RIOT can make exactly that kind of situations when you're put ahead of a choice to buy more RP than you need for something just to buy the thing you want to buy, delivering more cash to their wallet. Typical marketing knowledge.

The other thing is, you can buy RP to make it 972 in your case and draw something to get rest of your needed RP, but that's not guaranteed and can take some time.
exactly.

its all planed so you have to buy more rp

R1ccu

27-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrapche View Post
exactly.

its all planed so you have to buy more rp
Sad but true, its all about making money, making a fun game, thats just a bonus.

Rabarbariz

27-10-2011

Well its sad , Why dont they make 20 rp 1 kr =

100 * 20 = 2000 they wuld make alot in that for sure cus i wont buy it now

Alamethliel

27-10-2011

Well YOU won't buy it, but let's say 50% people will buy like 80% more RP than then need. Then, they buy what they wanted and they are left with some RP. Then next skin/champ comes, they again lack xxx RP, they buy again more than they need. RIOT makes profit. If RIOT made such RP transactions as you recommend (which as a customer I'd be happy for, but as a company I'd never made it) people would buy only those low values of RP if they lacked some minor amounts to buy skin/champ. Riot could get a lot of those cheap transactions, that's profit too. But RIOT would also lose their upperhand and marketing power which potentialy would lead to "lost profit".
Explanation: (typical customer behaviour)

CURRENT RP SYSTEM: Omg OMG! There is a new skin which I want to buy. I really want it! I lack only 100RP ****! Why this ugly company sells only 800RP+ (random number).

Choices:
1) Bah I won't buy it I can live without that skin/champ
2) W/e I'll buy it. I'll be left with some RP but I can buy something later with it right?

OUTCOME:
Repeat whole situation and bussiness spins.

RP SYSTEM WHICH YOU SUGGEST (with possibility to buy low amounts of RP)
Omg OMG! There is a new skin which I want to buy. I really want it! I lack only 100RP ****! I can buy 100RP which is exactly what I need to buy new skin! What a great company! Thank you.

Choices:
1) Usually doesn't exist (excluding clients sudden change of heart)
2) I'll buy that skin. I spent less cash coz I got exactly that much RP I needed and I'm happy.

OUTCOME:
Client is happy (at least at that moment). Company lost profit because they got less money (which they can invest in new products, technologies or w/e else). Later on when new product comes there is no effect of "Hey I need only 100RP to buy that!", there is a "Hey new skin came, but i lack 975RP to buy it, nah not worth it, too much money". Company loses.

I hope my post is not too complicated and explains some basics about marketing well enough ^^.

Astralmess

27-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamethliel View Post
Well YOU won't buy it, but let's say 50% will buy like 80% more RP than then need. Then they buy what they wanted and they are left with some RP. Then next skin/champ comes they again lack xxx RP, they buy again more than they need. RIOT makes profit. If RIOT made such RP transactions as you recommend (which as a customer I'd be happy for, but as a company I'd never made it) people would buy only those low values of RP if they lacked some minor amounts to buy skin/champ. Riot could get a lot of those cheap transactions, that's profit too. But RIOT would also lose their upperhand and marketing power which potentialy would lead to "lost profit".
Explanation: (typical customer behaviour)

CURRENT RP SYSTEM: Omg OMG! There is a new skin which I want to buy. I really want it! I lack only 100RP ****! Why this ugly company sells only 800RP+ (random number).

Choices:
1) Bah I won't buy it I can live without that skin/champ
2) W/e I'll buy it. I'll be left with some RP but I can buy something later with it right?

OUTCOME:
Repeat whole situation and bussiness spins.

RP SYSTEM WHICH YOU SUGGEST (with possibility to buy low amounts of RP)
Omg OMG! There is a new skin which I want to buy. I really want it! I lack only 100RP ****! I can buy 100RP which is exactly what I need to buy new skin! What a great company! Thank you.

Choices:
1) Usualy doesn't exist (excluding client sudden change of heart)
2) I'll buy that skin. I spent less cash coz I got exactly that much RP I needed and I'm happy.

OUTCOME:
Client is happy (at least at that moment). Company lost profit because they got less money (which they can invest in new products, technologies or w/e else). Later on when new product comes there is no effect of "Hey I need only 100RP to buy that!", there is a "Hey new skin came, but i lack 975RP to buy it, nah not worth it, too much money". Company loses.

I hope my post is not too complicated and explains some basics about marketing well enough ^^.
Huge companies are dicks.

Alamethliel

27-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralmess View Post
Huge companies are dicks.
Nah, ALL companies are moneymakers (well maybe excluding charity and nonprofit ones). Everyone wants to make money to live well. That's what world is about .
But...
Some companies are indeed, least to say, non ethical or simply don't care about single customer coz they are huge... no names ^^.

Rabarbariz

27-10-2011

Well if i culd buy the exact amount of rp i need they wuld win every single time , cus i will always buy

now i need to spend more to have some left wich will not work if you dont have that kinda money so they loose...

Alamethliel

27-10-2011

Yes they lose - now. But you're still left with unused RP which potentialy makes you a customer in the future because it'd be sad to waste this unused RP that you have right?. So they lose on short term but will win (at least in most cases) in long term when tempation to buy something overcomes you (and it's easier to forget yourself when you need "just a little" to buy something, than to pay "full price" after previous transation after which you're left with next to 0 RP) .