The best AD carry - support combos

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buczpelego

16-10-2011

Hi, im playing LoL for over a year. since few months i started to play support champions due to my premades necessary. After some time i found that there are particular support champions that make excelent work with some particular AD carry champions, f.e. Taric - caitlyn which is very popular combo due to stun-trap thing and survivability. I also found that there are very good combos like soraka-vayne, karma-urgot (doubleshield) and even alistar-sivir (if played agressive and if sivir goes richochete first) but after much time spent on playing as janna i found very difficult do learn what AD carry champion fits her best. After numerous matches i can only tell that corky and MF is not so bad for her but still their chances to dominate a lane are not so big in my opinion, as chanches of one of combos i mentioned above. The only perspective of picking janna i found is her usefullnes against heavy "mobile-aoe" champs like kennen, fiddle and morgana, ofc because "fight-reseting" ultimate.

Now im asking, which AD carry fits best for janna in your opinion and where lies the strong side of that combo?

As i started the thread i will also ask, if you see any use of playing such unusual support champions like zilean, heimer, or kyle? After some matches i found that kyle is great support for MF due to heal-speed that greatly cooperates with MF movement speed and due to Q spell that is good target slow that MF lacks of (only aoe slow easy to dodge) but still i dont see many players playing as kyle. I also found that heimer (as support) and zilean have lack of heal and shield ofc, but if played carefull and agressive they do enormous early game harass dmg that can be hard to heal for other healers than sona, becasue of low CD abilities (bomb/rockets) and high CD heals (soraka/taric).

Still i have many different thoughts about those support champions and asking for some advices if there is any point in playing them and if it is... in which situation?

PS. Sorry for monologue but i wanted to everyone understand my issue. Peace

Lieto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-10-2011

Janna cant heal so it works best with carries who can go in and out freely like tristana or ezreal.
Maybe vayne to an extend.

As for you 2nd question. Support is a character who wont take any farm from carry. How do you plan to not hit minions with heimer?

Buczpelego

17-10-2011

yes you are right but heimer wont "1shot" minion i used to play him with use of rockets only to harass enemy. ofc that at least 1 rocket will go to a minion but if that minion is full hp i wont kill it and left it to ad carry usually i f i play hemier i go doran ring and wait for money to get philosopher stone. that why im not killing minions and looking for ocassion to make max burst at enemy and dont kill any minion

Lyricism

17-10-2011

Taric + any melee champ is awesome

joorik

17-10-2011

Buritan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-10-2011

Bottom lane supports are usually champions that possess ability to heal the carry. Also cc and utility are nice. IMO good combos:
Pick carry:
ashe trist cocki vayne
Pick support:
Alistar taric janna soraka

And try out: Gp and caitlyn
Play aggressively with this. Parrrrrrrrley hurts and so does pilltover peacemaker.

Lol has supports like teemo or heimerdinger, that aint actually healing the carry or bringing much cc. Orianna is example of support that needs money. Some just dont work

ray111

20-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieto View Post
Janna cant heal so it works best with carries who can go in and out freely like tristana or ezreal.
Maybe vayne to an extend.

As for you 2nd question. Support is a character who wont take any farm from carry. How do you plan to not hit minions with heimer?

1. Janna can heal with her ultimate (saved my life few times)

2. That's why noone wants to play support. How can you support if you get 1/5 the cash others do? You can't kill minions, you can't kill champions. All you get cash for is gold per 10 and assists (if you are lucky to at least touch them)

Yasou

26-10-2011

Janna panth used to be hilarious back in the day. Janna ez was broken at one time.

Lieto

27-10-2011

Quote:
That's why noone wants to play support. How can you support if you get 1/5 the cash others do? You can't kill minions, you can't kill champions. All you get cash for is gold per 10 and assists (if you are lucky to at least touch them)
Its not 1/5, its more like 3/5
And why would you need gold as support? your job is not to kill but to disable + assist + ward + counter ward
I like to gather hp+cdr on soraka so i can just spam heal / silence / ulti to an extend

Baby Avet

27-10-2011

Ok time to address some stuff:

First and foremost, Heimer is a very bad choice for support, very nature of champions abilities and the way he was designed as a mage champ requires you to get gold, otherwise you are quite useless lategame.

Now, for " How can you support if you get 1/5 the cash others do? You can't kill minions, you can't kill champions."

Very simple. Support champs are chosen because, for one, their AP and AD scaling is rather sub-par, but their level scaling is pretty good to compensate, and two, they have abilities which in some way enhance their entire team or provide disables, heals and protection in combat.

In essence, you don't need items to be effective, but for the items you do need, you can use the three gold per 5 items, and gold per 5 quints. This combined with assists will not give you ludicrous amounts of gold, but you will be able to constantly have wards in your inventory and also have enough gold left over to get Aegis or whatever the team requires.