Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Salvation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1a305dc2a299bf

10-13-2011

ok im not from the "chosen ones" but i can see there is no haters on this sub forum so i wanna ask u something without getting answers like "cuzz ur a noob" and etc
can u tell me why does riot spend most of their resorses in making new skins for Xerath,rushing this champion Graves or whatever is called and creating super teemo when they have these mageour bugs /no text in game/bugsplat/c++ error and many other small ones?
im not mad or anythin i just wonder why?

xXCielXx

10-13-2011

the launch of the pbe server was kinda fail-ish since it wasnt well prepaired. the real servers are fairly bug-free. also it's been explained before that the staff working on skins and campions can't be used to fix other kind of bugs. your complaint shouldn't be why you make teemo skins, it should be why you make so many teemo skins when other champions have only 2 alternative skins :P

shkabo TM

10-13-2011

BloxZD Riot has a lot of different teams. Designers, developers, administrators, engineers, player support and so on. Some teams have 'sub' teams e.g. designers -> graphic designers, champion designers, web designers, launcher designers. Each of these teams have their own role, so that's why you see fast Xerath skins update, new champion incoming, and on the other side major bungs in game e.g. in dominion chat that displays some C++ line of code or so.

Each team is doing their own job. When you sum all that up you get League of Legends game

Hope this answers your question.
shkabo

Draydan

Recruiter

10-14-2011

Quote:
BloxZD:
ok im not from the "chosen ones" but i can see there is no haters on this sub forum so i wanna ask u something without getting answers like "cuzz ur a noob" and etc
can u tell me why does riot spend most of their resorses in making new skins for Xerath,rushing this champion Graves or whatever is called and creating super teemo when they have these mageour bugs /no text in game/bugsplat/c++ error and many other small ones?
im not mad or anythin i just wonder why?

bc
1) there is no silver bullet.
2) show must go on

Making new champs\skins is source of income which lets millions of players have a free game 4eva. HoN, which was "pay once, play alot" took F2P model now too.
Because you cannott pay for servers for unlimited time, while having limited income.

LoL is evolving. New mechanics, graphic updates, new map, new champs - all new features bring new bugs because its like this everywhere.

You say "OMG NOOB DEVELOPERS"

I say - well, I recently saw a bug in Google Mail.

Yeah, GOOGLE. In the project, which is already for a long time on market.

Athem

10-14-2011

Champions and skins:
Also, if they wont make new champions and skins, that could be REALLY boring for the old players like myself. Example: I have every champion, still got 20k IP to spare after bought rune pages. (The 10 rune page is not enough.) So they refreshing the game, and maybe if there will be a new champ with new mechanism, i can spend my IP for silly runes personaly for that champ. The skins are good things too. After 1-2 year , you will be bored with the champions look, so yeah, we need new skins from time to time. Not to mention its uniqueness.

Andreas Zinck

10-15-2011

There's different people for different jobs mate..

They're not 10 employees throwing a dice and see what they have to do today.
You don't want a designer to start messing with c++

ZuluBK

10-15-2011

Quote:
Draydan:
bc
1) there is no silver bullet.
2) show must go on

Making new champs\skins is source of income which lets millions of players have a free game 4eva. HoN, which was "pay once, play alot" took F2P model now too.
Because you cannott pay for servers for unlimited time, while having limited income.

LoL is evolving. New mechanics, graphic updates, new map, new champs - all new features bring new bugs because its like this everywhere.

You say "OMG NOOB DEVELOPERS"

I say - well, I recently saw a bug in Google Mail.

Yeah, GOOGLE. In the project, which is already for a long time on market.

Y'see, that's someone using common sense. One would hope that it would be more common.