Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dat public testing!?? Cmon reds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nixodrius

10-12-2011

Being both active nad helpful could give you invitation to the beta. However even as a senior member you might be excluded because quality not quantity of the posts matters. Additionally you could be just unlucky because beta is limited, so even if you fulfilled the requirments you may be not choosen. Luck and Quality plays most important role here.

ZuluBK

10-12-2011

I must have pleased someone...

Downloading now to see what all the fuss is about.

Demiourgos

10-12-2011

what are u TALKING ABOUT>?

Tyrande Whisper

10-12-2011

Got he invitation. I've only played few months. I'm not active and I've probably posted less than ten times to the forums. Being level 30 seems to be the most important criteria to get chosen.

M0S

10-12-2011

i just got the invite

TFK Zombietown

10-12-2011

I got invite

Sober Corewin

10-12-2011

They invite people from all platforms (NA, EUW and EUNE) that have a level 30 account and have been contributing to the community.

Riot does not know how people are gona play a champion. For example they might want to release this new AP champion but the players build him as a AD and he kills everything effortless.
This is where PBT (Public Beta Testing) comes in. They want some people to try out the upcoming patch so it's not full of bugs and balance issues.

So they hand pick players that have a level 30 account and have contributed to the community for the PBT.

I have not been posting on the forum that much but when I posted something it's been mostly to help people and answer question. I have rarely, if ever, used a swear word on the forum. So I don't think they just pick any level 30 account but rather they pick a level 30 account with good forum posting.
Quality before quantity

The Tempest

10-13-2011

What the hell is this thread for? You get invite when you get it.

It's your option to constantly look out for the invitations. Nobody is forcing you to do that.

They will also be for now much more limited with the amount of testers than in future. That is probably because they have a new approach for handling constructive feedback and it's wiser to try it out with fewer testers and see then what can be improved, for example.

And my threads have been downvoted a lot of times. I also haven't been most active poster either.

It's just that I explain my concerns pretty well and couple of them have been clearly noticed. Especially ones that contained Udyr back in the days. Though these were in NA.

Really looking forward to see that EU will get also the attention that NA forums get when it comes to balancing affairs.

Also, Riot has stated that they start out with level 30 players only for now. That's the most important part currently. They also stated that this will change over time.

MePhx

10-13-2011

Its not NA only ^^ and btw have you been active on forums for some time now? like for 1-2months and checking forums every day? ^^

and ofc i've recieved an invitation too :P i signed up as soon as i saw the email

Aga Wojownik

10-13-2011

Quote:
ODG Sober:
I have not been posting on the forum that much but when I posted something it's been mostly to help people and answer question. I have rarely, if ever, used a swear word on the forum. So I don't think they just pick any level 30 account but rather they pick a level 30 account with good forum posting.
Quality before quantity

I disagree, lol board is a little bit like /b/, in amount of posts generated throughout whole day. I have some doubts whether someone did real work on it, as it'd be extremely annoying, absorbing and taking tons of time, my bet is that they give pbe to people who have posted on board at all.

Earlier in this thread is guy who posted 10 posts overall. Unless those were like guides, it'd be weird to grant him access, as 10 posts is 5-15 minutes work and doesn't really prove anything at all (what quality? in 10 constructive posts? that's not a lot y'know).

And I'm ok with that solution. It'd take one hell of manpower and time, to browse through 3 platform forums and read every single post posted like... ever?