How to run LoL smoother?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nikkaplz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2011

A while ago my computer crashed, so for the past weeks I've been using my dads laptop to play lol. However I'm having some troubles with having random laggs and disconnects. I can be in the middle of a game and then suddenly I just loose connection to the server. I don't know why, which is what I hope any of you could tell me, and in best case give me a solution on how to fix it.

Another thing is, when I check the joblist, I can see under the process tab that the LoL Client uses up to 350.000kb and the other League of Legends thing uses up to 500.000-700.00kb while I'm in a game. It seems insanely high in my opinion, and I'm wondering if that's what causing it. The laptop I'm using got 6gb RAM btw.

Any help is appreciated.

Mudi2800

09-10-2011

Hi nikkaplz,

Running League of legends smoother with 6GB of rams, this is definitely not the issue.
Graphics card might not be the same as on your own computer, and your dads computer might have a older one.

Older graphic cards, usually have lower FPS. Regarding your internet issues, I cant help you.

The kilobytes used is depended on computer, and how the settings in the game are. Such as Texture quality, shadows etc etc... So try to lower your settings abit. And turn shadows off, no need, much better performance.

Hope it was for some help,

Mudi

nikkaplz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudi2800 View Post
Hi nikkaplz,

Running League of legends smoother with 6GB of rams, this is definitely not the issue.
Graphics card might not be the same as on your own computer, and your dads computer might have a older one.

Older graphic cards, usually have lower FPS. Regarding your internet issues, I cant help you.

The kilobytes used is depended on computer, and how the settings in the game are. Such as Texture quality, shadows etc etc... So try to lower your settings abit. And turn shadows off, no need, much better performance.

Hope it was for some help,

Mudi
Thanks for your response.
I already tried lowering the settings, I even disabled sound, but I still seem to get the dc's. I don't think it's the internet that's the problem, since it's the same I was using on my computer.

Mudi2800

09-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkaplz View Post
Thanks for your response.
I already tried lowering the settings, I even disabled sound, but I still seem to get the dc's. I don't think it's the internet that's the problem, since it's the same I was using on my computer.
That might be caused, because computers Wi-Fi cards are older than others. Or generally net cards are olders than others. I recommend having a b/g/n netcard, since all routers up-to-date deliver N-Technology, wich is meant to be much better than the old G technology.