New Meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Banished One

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2011

DISCLAIMER
this will be an open on the current and possibly new metas discussion based on reasoning and logical arguements, please don't give biased opinions and constructive criticism is allowed. if you have no idea or experience about metas please search and learn before posting. thank you

The Banished One
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are familiar with the current meta, then you may have asked yourself:Is there any possiblility to have a new,stronger meta which can greatly contribute to a player's early game and most importantly countering the current meta?

We do know the current meta standard setups and it is clearly seen that mid requires an AP caster BUT! they are too exposed in the mid lane. you can't change lanes since top lane is preserved for someone who is able to cope 1v2 and needs to farm for a really strong early game

a balanced team composition requires a tank 2 tanky DPS's a caster and 1 ranged DPS but more importantly it requires 5 CC

it is also known that baron spawns at 15.00 into the game so the top lane is always the safest lane to free-farm on

the possible entrances to the side lanes are the same and reversed for each team(blue top safety=bot purple) AS FAR AS THE ENTRY POINTS ARE CONCERNED!

but bot needs 2 players in case of dragon captures

Now returning to mid lane, a caster usually lacks defendive mechanisms in case of ganks(that's why there is a usual flash-ghost combo) and if they do have defensive abilities they are usually prone to kiting, and the tank+support bot is sustainable but not strong enough usually to leave the lane to initiate other fights without knowing that damage will be dealt on the turret

while the top lane(blue team/bot lane purple team) finds it hard to move for a gank because of the placement of the exits in such a way that makes it hard not only to enter the enemy jungle, but also to leave it.

MY OPINION

I was thinking if you can change the meta into one that involves 2 part-time junglers/gankers, one reliant only on blue and another oneonly reliant on red to gank. this way, you can have your desired solo top/mid/bot placing your caster at top(blue team/bot purple team), your tanky dps/CC (or your tank) in mid(and by doing that you can counter any possible ganks due to your CC and kiting abilities)and the support bot lane(blue team/top purple), this way it may seem unfair that the caster is facing the support, but in any case the support's jungle is always more accesible to one of the junglers if any help or gank is needed(the support can easily sustain themselves early-game and in mid game, the junglers can roam freely), and by placing a casterVSsupport near the dragon/baron the matches will be decided by the work of the roamers who can have their own half of the jungle plus they have the oppurtunity to roam at enemy jungles(i know that wards will be placed by the enemy team in their jungle so the question/issue of counter-jungling will come up) and if a jungler decides that he wants a piece of the enemy jungle, well it has been done before so it's nothing new

WHAT IS A PART-TIME JUNGLER?
A part-time jungler is someone with strong jungling capabilities but also strong lane presence(e.g maokai,skarner,shen,xin,lee sin,...)
his job is to be able to grab some extra exp and gold in your own part of the jungle and to be able to move in the enemy jungle with high mobility(but that is already known)
being a part-time jungler gives you the oppurtunity to give away blue if your jungling is not dependant by it(manaless/energy/low mana cost champions) to your caster or red(if you own kiting abilities such as taunts slows and snares)to your dps

haning a part-time jungler can really set your team up for zon control early game and ganks comming from the jungle more often that ganks from 1 jungler
i usually jungle and i know that having 1 jungle to defend if the enemy team wants to deny your junging is just too much, since it places your role as a roamer almost set in stone because you have to prevent ganks and counter-wards in your jungle from being placed

overall a counter-jungler should either exist for giving your teammate and you a powerful early-game and also to give your team that extra zone control(aka tactical advantage)
(p.s have you ever heard of gold generators?)

OVERALL

I believe that this is a new(mabye better)meta than the current one, because it can foster a more competitive and aggressive teamplay focusing heavily on map and objectives control and not in the issue of X lane being fed (by any means not just succesfull ganks and bad players[it lessens the possibility of it]). I also hope that this will bring the issue of counter-jungling on the table once again(counter-jungler teemo ftw!)

FINAL WORDS
This is my own suggestion for the meta, you may have another opinion about a different meta, if you do, feel free to make a response like this(wall-of-text) explaining your view on the meta and waht it offers. if you have any different opinion about my view of the meta feel free to comment

(please use logical arguements and please refrain from trolling)

P.S I will also be posting this Under the GUIDES AND STRATEGY forum in case it gets lost in here by all the QQ posts about X being OP and ELO hell, so if you want to find it easier, please comment or suggest there also(copy paste if you don't want to do the same job again)and please don't spam

I hope this will be an interesting read fot all of you
/end walloftext
The Banished One

EDIT
at least give reasonable opinions before downvoting. resons like "doesn't work are not solid"

ADDED:The meaning of Part-time Jungler

Margaryna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2011

Ad carry+support. You want to go solo against this combo? Either you're mad, or you're...mad.

Freenone

04-10-2011

Placing everythin on 2 ppl, that are probably gonna have experience problems, with knowledge ur lanes would most likely fall apart without em isnt smart. Why dont u get friends and try it instead theory....

The Banished One

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaryna View Post
Ad carry+support. You want to go solo against this combo? Either you're mad, or you're...mad.
i think i stated obviously that it applies to both top and bot lanes(and in any case, who far can the bot lane push if you have 1 part-time jungler at the ready?)

i stated Part-time jungler meaning that he gets in the jungle when able and when your zone is thwarted

The Banished One

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freenone View Post
Placing everythin on 2 ppl, that are probably gonna have experience problems, with knowledge ur lanes would most likely fall apart without em isnt smart. Why dont u get friends and try it instead theory....
i also stated (and in the above post) that junglers will be jungling part-time (i know first-handed that the jungle is barely engough for 1 jungler but it is also too much for 1 jungler to control)

if you have 2 part-time junglers who are tanky dps's and they stay in lane you have a support+tanky dps in one alne and Caster+tanky DPS in the other lane, while your tank is able to come in any case()since he is in the middle lane. i think that a fully played lane(2 players can be self-sustained that way)

WinterKing

04-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaryna View Post
I've done that. U just pick soemthign with sustain like yorick or cho'gath

Jerkling

04-10-2011

Actually Mid lane is the shortest lane. That's why AP carries mostly go to mid lane. Sure mid lane can be ganked from either side but in the end it is the shortest lane and with a smart usage of flash or even positioning AP carries can shake off a not so organized gank. Also they tend to have at least 1 form of CC ehich helps them to run away to safety to his/her turret (assuming most ganks happen early game and turret can provide cover against 2-3 opponents)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterKing View Post
I've done that. U just pick soemthign with sustain like yorick or cho'gath
If your opponents are smart enough to zone you, actually it is possible to stay alive but next to impossible to farm enough in that condition.

Also on the other hand I kinda miss the Roamer presence. Current meta doesn't allow for a 1v2 bot lane (90% of the time AD carry and support owns the poor fella). But counter jungling is still being done with the proper amount of map control and teamwork. (there are pretty **** strong junglers out there like Lee Sin, Nocturne, Udyr, GP)

Mauri69

04-10-2011

we've been testing new ways to counter metapicks on normal games, mostly trolling in mind but i was suprised how well 2x counterjungle / roamer gankers work. We had Maokai and Xin jungle (both with charge knock up), going up for their blue and red buffs and picking ur own jungle buffs after. After this your free to run between lanes and start ganking :3 Pure fun!

PS. played like 4 games like this and we've won all of them, might be just luck tho..

Tynkywinky

04-10-2011

Canu make a map of it, in my head its kinda confusing

Thraw Omthar

04-10-2011

The problem of this is that it wont change the meta game, you can do it in premades and see what will happen but it wont change the meta game entirely because there will always be slowpokes who will keep going ap mid and stuff like that.

But breaking the meta game is hilarious in premades, it will catch some people completely off-guard and sometimes will lead to a sure victory