List of counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

asdfBad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-09-2011

Hello. I play LoL for 2 years or so and want to make a list of counters to every problematic champion or situation. I am not so experienced, though, so i will list only the things i know so far.
Feel free to post some counters in your posts so i can add em here.

*Swain counters Nasus.
- You will say every mage or ranged champ counters him, but swain got 2 single target spells and one skillshot. So when nasus comes close to creep, blow him up.

*Nasus counters Garen.
- Here is tricky. If he starts with boots, you start too. From then on try to creep and he comes close to you just use wither, while he is wasting judgement. Yes you will lose some cs, but its not fatal.

*Ignite counters Swain ultimate.
- This is something all should know, but just mentioning it, because people tend to forget and tend to not taking single ignite in ranked, while there is swain.

*Morgana counters Brand.
- If you got problem fighting Brand, who is OP atm, take morgana. Even if he hits every pillar you can heal by your passive and sometimes even stay on the lane more than him.

*Soraka ultimate counters Brand ultimate.
- This thing pisses me off, every time i cast brand ult i am like DIEE, but then soraka pops ult and its like i did nothing. Sad but true.

*Soraka ultimate counters Karthus ultimate.
- Karthus cast ultimate, thinking he will come someone at 100 health, but at the same time soraka casts ultimate and its k. Dont forget though that Soraka levels up later than Karthus at level 6, so be really carefull before this moment.

*Janna ultimate counters fiddlesticks/kennen/katarina/malzahar/galio/morgana/nunu ultimates
- All these ultimates are channeled or in the cases with kennen and fiddlesticks, they can move. Be sure when you see fiddle in enemy team to take janna as support or atleast sona.

*Sona ultimate counters fast initiations
- This is tricky. If you see ashe arrow hitting your ad carry, this usually means he is dead, because all enemy team will jump on the stunned person. At this point sona can cast ultimate and save her. You will say this applies for janna ultimate too, but you will blow up AoE heal, which you want to save for later in teamfight. Still it depends how viable the stunned person is.

*Mercury threads counters galio ultimate
- I think this should be clear to absolutely everyone, but still i see people going berserks, boots of mobility or w/e, which cause to be taunted for the full duration and also take the whole damage + the bonus damage from galio ult. When you see in enemy team galio, fiddle, miss fortune be sure, 100% sure, to take mercury threads or at least the tenacity items.

*Lee Sin counters Akali
- That is true, but just want to point out something. When someone plays lee, he tends to waste his tempest just to slow someone, despite the fact there is akali in enemy team. I have seen this in dreamhack, where enemy lee sin wasted tempest to slow vlad, while westrice was destroying his opponents.

*Lee Sin counters Talon
- while he retreats with ult, you can use tempest. This is a little bit hard though, because the region is huge and you must know roughly where he might be.

*Gragas ultimate counters fiddlesticks/kennen/katarina/malzahar/galio/morgana/nunu ultimates
- Gragas ultimate is really awesome, but its sometimes hard to use, because on some occasion you can put your teammates in harm if badly placed.

*Janna counters Amumu's ulti.
- Just need to time it perfectly

*Garen counters Irelia
- Slow, spin. She can't stun to escape. Just want to point out something here. If you are good irelia you will stay always with less health than garen so when he comes with q you can stun him and even do some true damage with w ( one or 2 hits ) and then retreat.

*Cho counters, Garen, Morde, Garen, (Irelia).
- Heal + Manaheal. Silence and hook up. Easy farming. Just one advice, if you dont feel confident landing q with cho'gath dont play him in ranked.
Sometimes landing q is crucial and can turn fights.

*Singed counters Garen, Irelia.
- Poison, flig into poison. In early it's deadly to her, but If she do it right it hard for Singed.
- While Garen spin2win he take dmg from Poison. Maybe fall back again.

*Talon counters Akali, (GP, Lee Sin)
- Silence, hard dmg, survibility. Against akali, just dont forget to engage on her while not marked by q. She just needs auto-attack to activate it, so be carefull.
- Against GP it's a bit tricky, cause his W.

*Jax counters teams with 3 ad
- this is something i use in ranked games. When you see for instance top gp, udyr jungle and ashe ad carry, taking jax will increase your win chance mid game and will turn into guaranteed win late game, unless your team sux hard. Against team with 2 or more ap carries he can hardly be viable, because champions like brand, anivia, annie can nuke him even with his ult up.

i will add more when i am back here. please in the comments write some other counters and i will add em here. This will help a lot new players to play more successful in ranked games and normal draft mode.

TheVeryBest

22-09-2011

Lee Sin counteres Akali.

Invis? I think not! TEMPEST!

Sneakyamdal

22-09-2011

Gragas counter katarina, nunu, and other channeled spells/ultimates with his ulti (so does a normal stun tho)

pelgr0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-09-2011

Janna counters Amumu's ulti.
- Just need to time it perfectly

Garen counters Irelia
- Slow, spin. She can't stun to escape.

Cho counters, Garen, Morde, Garen, (Irelia).
- Heal + Manaheal. Silence and hook up. Easy farming.

Singed counters Garen, Irelia.
- Poison, flig into poison. In early it's deadly to her, but If she do it right it hard for Singed.
- While Garen spin2win he take dmg from Poison. Maybe fall back again.

Talon counters Akali, (GP, Lee Sin)
- Silence, hard dmg, survibility.
- Against GP it's a bit tricky, cause his W.
- Lee Sin, also counters his Ulti, but else he can't do much while silence.

Lee Sin counters Akali, Talon
- E shows all invisble near to him. Q shows the enemy long too.

That was what I could get out of my brain right now :3 Will Update it, when I come in mind on some more.
And you maybe think I'm a solo top player? That's wrong, I'm solo top player ^-^

AceOfAngels

22-09-2011

Jax counters yi and tryn

W1tchfind3r

22-09-2011

Leavers counter GG

Whazze

22-09-2011

Swain counters every ap carry, except Orianna.

asdfBad

22-09-2011

bump

Lieto

22-09-2011

Wow this is awesome thread!

pelgr0

22-09-2011

Bump for awesomeness!