How to counter Mordekaiser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prugar

17-09-2011

Mordekaiser was fine before the patch, Mordekaiser is pretty meh after the patch, still i get called OP when i score 20/1/14.
So, my dear whiners, its time someone taught you how to fight mordekaiser, so riot doesnt have to ruin him any more.

Mordekaiser can go two basic routes. damage or tank.
if you see him go tank, he can go either for MR or for armor, depending on YOUR team comp (you really dont want to have all AP or all AD team, really)
If he goes tank, gank him early, pre6 he is just paper, not a tank. if he goes for Force of Nature first, make your AD carry gank him, if morde doesnt back to a turret, he is DEAD.
if he goes for thornmail/randuin or some other armor item, use your brain and let the casters IK him. if he goes for hp..... meh.... that just means he doesnt use his shield.
If he goes dps, gank him early, pre6 he can just harass with E, and thanks to you whiners, he cant even gain shield properly from hitting creeps. If you are stupid enough to let him farm the creeps and even let him score a kill (using the turret of course, morde just doesnt have the dmg to kill anybody with brains), use your CC to kill him, anywhere

the main question is "why didnt i kill morde when i pressed my QWER and hit him?!"
the answer is "the shield absorbs the damage, he gains shield by dealing damage with abilities, dont let him get the shield" "and why you omg so clever noob?" "just choose, exhaust, stun, silence, knockup, ignite (makes his selfheal, especially with ult lower), snare and kite, slow and kite, wait for him in bush before he gets the shield, dive him as a tank, maybe i will remember some else, there are just so many ways to counter him..."
If you are so dumb to let morde get his shoes, hextech and lichbane, you are probably doomed, because his Q does almost as funny things as fed AP poppy. still, he is not OP in that way, one silence, one stun, one of those things i wrote kills him.

Mordekaiser is a beast, yes, if you let him farm that 800 AP, you can do nothing.
But imagine what would a Brand with 800 AP do. Not Mordes fault you die all the time, only your own.

Pretty easy, isnt it?

pwx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-09-2011

You get called OP in normals right? Thats funny.

Morde es #83

Prugar

17-09-2011

I know high ELO players have no trouble countering morde, because its so **** easy, this is a "guide" for those who refuse to think.

Whats so hard about CCing him to death or kiting when he has absolutely no gap closer and very limited range abilities...

staRfyre

17-09-2011

If morde goes for solo top, pick garen against him. end of story

Laseryoda

18-09-2011

After patch morde doesn't have a chance against me, no matter how good he is.

However, before the patch every morde i met bought magic res immediatly and still hit like a ****ing train against me while I couldnt even get down his shield.

Smrzlanberg

18-09-2011

As soon as he lost his passive shield,he is same as others...Idn,my plan would be to cast while shield is off,stay b while he got it,and killing him early game.