Low field of view/viewdistance. Please help me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Molakar

11-09-2011

Hi everyone, hope you can help me with this little problem of mine. Been playing LoL for a while now and I've always had this problem with not seeing as far "down" as my teammates do. They can see the minions/champions at least 2-3 seconds before I do, making it pretty annoying to play. I can run into enemy champions that my teammates have seen but I haven't since my viewdistance is lower then theirs.

Me and a friend both took a screen shot for comparison and even tho the difference doesn't look like much from the screen shots it's actually pretty substantial ingame.

My friends screen shot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/printp.jpg/

My screen shot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/unled2kh.jpg/

As you can see my friend can see more "downwards" and can see wider, but I can see a little bit more up top. I have 1920x1200 in screen resolution and he has 1920x1080. Every other setting is the same for us.

So what's the problem?

Numerion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2011

Actually, that's only cause by aspect ratio (16:9 is favorized here, they see farther to sides) so yeah...
everyone who has 4:3 screen sees the same exact as you :P

Molakar

11-09-2011

So because I have a 16:10 screen I'm being punished so I can't see as far down as my friend can? It's kinda ridiculous that I can't see the end of the cone when I'm playing Ashe and using volley, it's even more ridiculous that I don't even see what I'm shooting at most of the time when I'm going from purple base (especially if I'm going bot lane).

I can't change it somehow? It's rather stupid that my friend sees the minions/champions atleast 2-3 seconds before I do, a typical chat on vent is Friend :"There's *insert champion name* let's jump him!"
Me: "I can't"
Friend: "Your ulti is on cooldown?"
Me: "No, I can't even see him..."
Friend: "..."

So yeah... it's annoying as hell!

Numerion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2011

wait...what? based on those two screenshots, it doesn't really make a difference...But I think I noticed your problem xD

Try pressing the eye button near your minimap :>

PsychoLandy

11-09-2011

Consider playing with an unlocked screen.

To do that just press the eye by your minimap and you can move the screen with your keyboard arrows.

Molakar

11-09-2011

I know it doesn't look like much in the pictures I've posted, but trust me, it's quiet a difference in game. We were both standing in at the last purple bot turret and he could see the minions at least 2-3 seconds before I saw them.

I know I could just play with an unlocked screen, but that's like playing with an inverted axis in a FPS, something that I could never get used to. And now I sound like a spoiled 12 year old kid... :/

PsychoLandy

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molakar View Post
I know it doesn't look like much in the pictures I've posted, but trust me, it's quiet a difference in game. We were both standing in at the last purple bot turret and he could see the minions at least 2-3 seconds before I saw them.

I know I could just play with an unlocked screen, but that's like playing with an inverted axis in a FPS, something that I could never get used to. And now I sound like a spoiled 12 year old kid... :/
You either have to change your screen so it has the good aspect ratio, or you can learn how to play with an unlocked camera. I strongly suggest the latter.

You're just gonna have to get used to it, and it is the essential of playing longranged champions such as Nocturne, Caitlyn, Twisted Fate and Pantheon, primarily because you gotta have precise sight of the enemy champion's movement in order to be able to target / teleport properly.

Molakar

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLandy View Post
You either have to change your screen so it has the good aspect ratio, or you can learn how to play with an unlocked camera. I strongly suggest the latter.

You're just gonna have to get used to it, and it is the essential of playing longranged champions such as Nocturne, Caitlyn, Twisted Fate and Pantheon, primarily because you gotta have precise sight of the enemy champion's movement in order to be able to target / teleport properly.
So if I decide to change my screen so it has the "good" aspect ratio, do I need to buy a new monitor or can I just change the screen resolution or something? I rather not play with an unlocked screen, it's just something I'll never get used to I'm afraid...

Numerion

11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molakar View Post
I rather not play with an unlocked screen, it's just something I'll never get used to I'm afraid...
all players who claimed that they'll never get used to it, got used to it quite well :P Just try it for a few games... :P