Can I copy and paste LoL from one computer to another?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-08-2011

So, I have a bit of a problem. I have LoL installed on 2 separate computers. One has fully updated LoL and the others has a newly installed version, which is not completely up to date. What I want to do is, copy the fully updated version to the other computer, because I have to download 1GB patch at 90 kbps, which is a pain. Is it possible to do it, because last time I tried, I got a black screen when I tried to enter a game.

ItsGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-08-2011

as usual, no help on east servers :/

Crevan361

26-08-2011

No u cant
I read some topics few month ago aand its not possible

U have to use basic instaler and update lol from the start

(but maybe there is way to copy 'update' files but idk how)

egheiterknut

26-08-2011

Well you COULD possibly copy and paste the entire LoL folder from one computer to the other, but I think you'll take a lot of unnecessary files with you, so it might take longer.
There's also the very real possibility that LoL has some registry changes and such that updates with every patch. Files regular people, like me, can't find or move at all.

The safe bet would be to just patch it and read a book or something

Eruner7

Recruiter

26-08-2011

Try USB

Radiotechnika

26-08-2011

yes, you can. Thats the way I play LoL. My internet connection has limited size of downloads, so i can't download any game. I transfered it from my friend through USB. Just copy LoL folder and paste it. thats it. Updates and everything else works fine.

FlenkyTheButcher

Recruiter

26-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiotechnika View Post
yes, you can. Thats the way I play LoL. My internet connection has limited size of downloads, so i can't download any game. I transfered it from my friend through USB. Just copy LoL folder and paste it. thats it. Updates and everything else works fine.
Really?!... and the Windows registry agree with you somehow no?!...

Dont listen to the brickhead... try getting a install version with the update in in already.. (if they got one out!) or try implementing the registry in the Widows somehow... some people actually know how to do that...

balawis

26-08-2011

"Yes it works.

Ehlloes

26-08-2011

Yeah it works k. It just wont show up as an installed program on Windows (unless you installed lol, and then replaced the folder with your updated lol folder from your other pc).
You can actually have lol in your usb and run it from there, and it will work k. Portable lol FTW

VulnerableGod

16-06-2013

k