How to counter irelia top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kastermester

16-08-2011

Lately I've seen alot of Irelia players around soloing top like a boss.

I've had the joy of laning against quite a few of them as well - and I haven't really quite managed to work out how to properly lane against her. My usual strategy of playing some games as the champion haven't really worked out either as I horribly suck with Irelia (as I have now found out).

So to all you Irelia players (or people having had success laning against good Irelias) - how to counter Irelia, surely she is not unbeatable?

vladislavius

16-08-2011

deny&harass the **** out of her before lvl 6
recently panth with maxing q can make irelia cry.
rumble is good counter pick too.
jax after lvl 6
swain if he's not completly retarded
xin
yorik (altho he is weaker in late late late late game due to no gap closers)
and probably few others as well

the main thing is- when you feel you are weaker than her, lure her into fighting in your mobs, they give a huge advantage at low levels

Salril

16-08-2011

Irelia is quite squishy at the begining. Maybe some ranged champion who is not weak at begining could be the best counterpick - she needs to charge you into your minions, while you can deny her and harrash from safer distance

PsychoLandy

16-08-2011

Nasus does well against her, or at least I did when I was solo top against her.

As much as she harasses you, you can harass her harder. Your sustainability is at around the same level with the passive lifesteal, but Nasus is built to counter ANY melee DPS. In a solo lane, there is nothing you can do without a ranged character against him.

krofj

17-08-2011

rumble, jax, nasus, vlad(pre nerf). Lost lane against a lot of jarvan players. Garen can be pretty strong ealry. Lost game vs a lot of morde players. Irelia is easy to harass early, but when she have few items or full triforce its already gg )

Salril

17-08-2011

Uhm... I dont see how Irelia benefits from triforce so much. Everywhere is - when Irelia gets trinity, she is beast. Thats not true. I would say that she is one of Bruisers who benefits less from that item.

So I would definitely not start to fear Irelia on lane only coz she gets that item...

(Geez stop downvoting without putting reason -.- ... stupid people as hell, type why you think opposite)

piotrko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2011

lee can own her just with his harras just remember 2 not q on her under tower cuz she WILL stun u before u w 2 mobs :P

Albba

20-08-2011

yorick

Zark Rian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-08-2011

if it's 1 vs 1 lane domination I'd go for Mal or a decent Kog'Maw to counter her, Mal can keep her off with DoT's and voidlings, not to mention he can be a beast at pushing once he gotten some AP. Koggy is just nice overall with his range, W mixed with high AS and on hit effect items can tear pretty much anyone to shred and it wont really matter how much health they have since W scale of max HP.

lDominator

20-08-2011

i owned 2 irelias with ezre at mid, early game :P