Orianna counter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Massacrul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

Hey, i would ask for some counters against Orianna..
If she's very well played she just owns my whole team, and i can't handle her playing on mid lane.
What's best counters against her?

TobiasD

08-08-2011

Basically, its you. I played against a very good Orianna mid as Swain, checked how she was playing. After dying once to her, surviving with 20 hp, I knew her tactics.

You just gotta evade her Q in mid lane. Most people walk forth to use it on you, because you are further away. Then evade it and move forth to attack her while she got cooldowns. I got her 5-1 after the deah

Zinkysteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

Brand.

Massacrul

08-08-2011

I tried brand - he's my main, but i haven't played many games against her and every player have different playstyle. But sadly i lost against her on mid playing brand. She just got 1st blood on me while she was 20-30hp left :< then it was worse and worse for me..

Nolgorath

08-08-2011

Kassadin. If he can't disable her, no one can.

CrĝLeague

08-08-2011

Somebody who can outrange her,maybe Cait,not so sure...

Zen

Wrenchmen

08-08-2011

Akali.
She is mobile and has a good burst. It's kinda hard to hit with the ball mobile champions.

Lemonakos

08-08-2011

i shut her down with poppy...i cant lane against her tho with any champ

Massacrul

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Resurrected View Post
Akali.
She is mobile and has a good burst. It's kinda hard to hit with the ball mobile champions.
Nah, akali will be eated by her. She can always have her ball close to her, and she can hit akali in her circle.

Kassadin would be good cause of his silence - for same reason i thought about fiddle - silence and fear.

RB Meko

08-08-2011

I main orianna ( over 100 games with her) and I can say that actually akali is a good choice. orianna is not a burst dmger, orianna is a pure harraser. and it is HELLA hard to harras a champion like akali since you will just be wasting mana. You either miss akali, or you manage to hit her, then she spellvamps the hp taken in the next 10-15 seconds. and if u keep harrasing 24/7 every 5 sec then you will get out of mana pretty fast. Kassadin is a great idea too, specially after lv 6, orianna is so useless when kassa comes with r+q+w-> half of orianna hp gone, she's silenced, nothing to do than heal. after 15-20 sec kassa does that again and so on.

These are the 2 champs that I find the best counters to orianna.
don't even try with brand/annie/malza. it's easy as hell to dominate them with orianna, since if they come to her, all she does is send the ball q+w+e, and u get a lot of dmg.

About swain i don't know, haven't met many swain players, but I heard ppl saying it's easy to counter orianna with swain too. all u have to do is catch a nevermore on her then boom q+e and she's at half hp. If you have ult too and ignite that's pretty much an easy kill. Catching the nevermore is the hard part

EDIT: for the post below me -> that's why u have to ult on her before that. That ult has HUGE range, u can pretty much use ur q from your turret to almost her own turret using the r to get closer.
And about fiddle, maybe but his fear got hella low range, and if fiddle is getting harrased and if he tries to heal on a minion orianna can just come and autoattack him. that passive makes orianna deal some nice dmg early-> 60-70 dmg, which is pretty decent vs an enemy with 500-700 hp