Facts about Runes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

the GabZorNator

06-08-2011

Getting "all" tier 3 runes costs a wooping 371790 IP which is the price for the 657 runes you would need to buy to make all possible combinations.

Filling a tier 3 rune page with the most expensive tier 3 runes cost a total of 28290 IP max.
Cheapest runepage is 7080 IP with buying 3 runes.

HOWEVER, if you ever think about buying ALL 657 tier 3 runes (so you can make all possible thinkable combinations), or don't care so much about which runes exactly you will get, it might be smart to get them by buying only tier 1 runes and combine enough of them for a tier 3 rune.

Combine 5 tier 1 runes to get one tier 2 rune, then combine 5 of those for a tier 3 rune.

This way, and you can buy 25 tier 1 runes (buy the cheapest 15 IP ones), and convert them into a random tier 3 rune.

Then you only spend 375 IP to get a random tier 3 rune (which could potentially become a 2050 IP quint). Otherwise the average price of tier 3 runes is around 566 IP. This is around 191 IP saved per rune you buy, if you don't mind gambling and getting a random rune.

Buying ALL tier 3 runes, through the method of gambling and combining tier 1 runes, it would cost you 246375 IP, however you would most likely need to spend a little more, as you would most likely get too many of the same. However you can always combine two tier 3 runes, into a new random tier 3 rune.

For some people this might be fun facts or even useful info. For others it wont.

If anyone got additional facts about runes, please share

Nikae

06-08-2011

i don`t like to gamble,go spread dessise on othere place.

3iks

06-08-2011

gambling through out many runes does not seems pretty sensible. No one would like to risk their IP's like that.

THC Avenger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2011

why not, seems to me u can benefit from it if ure lucky)

the GabZorNator

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikae View Post
i don`t like to gamble,go spread dessise on othere place.
I assume that's the same your say when someone asks you if you want to play Yatzy?

It's Riots own invention you *****

the GabZorNator

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC Avenger View Post
why not, seems to me u can benefit from it if ure lucky)
If you play a lot of mixed champion types, you might fancy the fun in saving some IP and getting cheaper random runes + if you get two bad runes, you can turn them into a new random tier 3 rune. Why not?

But if you are very focused on one champion, and know you will only want to max that one out, obviously buying more expensive specific runes is more expensive.