Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Error loading Launcher - Could Not Load Direct3d

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chíckenpox

07-19-2011

This is what i get when i try to start my launcher
Whats wrong and what can i do? (Already made a thread in help and support but had like 15 views and 0 replies in 10 hours). Everything worked fine just yesterday :<
Ive tried re-installing the game but it didnt change anything.

JayJayFly

07-28-2011

I have client problems as well... You see, when i install the game and i start the launcher it says i can't start the application due to blah blah(blah blah= no accurate file or problem ) and reinstalling the application can fix it... NOT! I did that like 6-7 times , nothing changes. I even played today , but i re-installed my windows but i got everything i had before but my pc is smoother and much better than before. Is this the reason or just bad download of the client ?

about 100 ninjas

07-28-2011

post this to help and support section maybe tech will see it...

Hohums

Software Engineer

07-28-2011

Try upgrading your graphics drivers and directx.

Teodur

07-28-2011

This problem occures to me if i'm watching a video in firefox. Shutting down the browser or just the flash plugin usually fixes the problem.

JTReaper

07-28-2011

http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=336991
HELP PLS

woozynex

09-17-2011

You will fix the bug by downloading Directx 9
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html (http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html)
have fun

Eddyedutz

11-13-2011

I updated my graphics and dx for MW3 ...now its not working MW3 and LoL... -_-"
reinstall windows (

darktop97

12-27-2011

how update grapics drivers??

Thepaistos

12-27-2011

Try running the client with lol.launcher.admin exe which can be found in Riot Games folder.
Also try downloading directx9 from somewhere. On one of my laptops I had to download and install directx9 to be able to run LoL on the other one the game only starts if I start it with lol.launcher.admin exe...the defult shortcut gives me some error message.