Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

LoL and leave penalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So after ending a match, I shut down LoL and went on to play Mass Effect.

After a few minutes into it, I thought I started hearing strange sounds in the background. I tabbed out of the game and thought there was a flash-comercial that had sounds to it on youtube. But I had nothing activated besides ME and Youtube in the start menu.

After a while I go into the task manager and lolclient and leagueoflegends.exe is activated?

So I try the ole' alt+tab method and, only chrome(with youtube), task manager and ME comes up. I closed down both of LoL processes in the task manager and all of a sudden the game starts up and I am in the middle of a game (in which everyone was already level 8+).

Which comes to my other question. (If it even belongs in here)
What are the penalty for leaving anyway? and is this a common issue that LoL runs in the background and joins a game for you? I hope it's not common, for I wouldn't want it to constantly join a match and all of a sudden not be able to play it.