Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Art of War, League of Legends Version.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarel

06-15-2010

Took the liberty of translating to French because this was such an awesome post. Simply translating it made it even more impressive to me the work you must have done writing it. Hats off to you.

(Linked to here and all credit given to you. )

Imrooniel

06-17-2010

I'd include the global abilities in main post :P

Anyway great job!

whocaresboutname

06-19-2010

Quote:
Hanshin:
Whocraesboutname => Thanks for reading me, and thanks for working that out ; but I believe this would fall under the "Know your ennemy" rule.

ye it probably would, but still even among lvl 30 players there are just too many who are "like wtf!!?!" if they┬┤ve been killed by any global ability after a fight

06-21-2010

nice post i ll keep ur tips in mind next time i play

MarioSantorini

06-24-2010

Very nice guide!!!

MetalWrath

07-23-2010

Good guide. Didn't read all of it as it is very long, but the parts that I did read are pretty much spot on, and I'd like to add something to it:

After my ELO was dropped quite a bit because of lag and disconnection problems resulting in losses/leaves I found myself playing with lower ELO players, and I noticed something that did, or rather didn't do in almost every game.

The game would be going great for our team, we were nicely farmed and fed, but instead of quickly pushing lanes and trying to win the game, most of the team just ran around the jungle trying to farm more. This led to the enemy team using that time to farm and gank people in the jungle, gaining gold and experience and catching up with our team, then winning the game.

So I'd like to advice the newer players to win the game when you have the chance and never give your enemy the chance to farm and catch up with you. I've also won games because of the enemy team committing that mistake. It's easy to get carried away and have fun getting kills and lots of gold, but that can result in a loss ^_^.

VirulentVodka

08-16-2010

Awesome work, i believe something about the psychology of LOL should be added , something about how to deal with abusive players and how to not get taunted to hunt someone down while your team is dying or how to cause an enemy todo this WITHOUT being abusive(fine line).

UaSnack

08-18-2010

captain obvious wins

09-24-2010

it's cool to see that there are people who aren't full of themselves and they have understanding for newcomers. guide is extremely helpful.
also i was pleasantly surprised when playing practice game (2v3 cause one of my mates left after 2 mins) with one lv 30 summoner and he was giving me ingame tips

Snelheid

09-27-2010

this is a great post!

but the thing i do best is hide in bush wait for the right time and then attack! and if your new ask your team mate's what to do!