No nationalism, no bigotry, and no abuse

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

H4ckJack

30-06-2011

The world of gaming brought this stuff upon itself and so did you, Riot. Online game languages other than English? Why? So the uneducated thrive and stay uneducated?

You guys brought "no nid for inglish" people into LoL because you want money. Deal with it.

P.S. I'm not US, GB or of any other anglo-saxon nationality btw. I only advocate LEARNING ENGLISH because standardization is extremely useful.

Miryo

30-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaernil View Post
Ymir, I am from Poland, and I wrote from my point of view. Eastern Europe will be treated as ghetto and will be treated as inferior to West. That's a fact.
Many people will migrate to West, because honestly, who wanna be Europe B? Every top tier team will be there, better scene, better players etc.
So it's rly shortsighted solution. And as I called it many times "halfassed".
Dont understand why your post was deleted,it was your opinion and we share it.
No one really said on this forum that they dont want to play with Czechs yet, but I am part of "eastern part" and I feel like its already decided who will be inferior. I have feeling, even now - before it all starts, that we are already labeled with "Europe B" stamp.

Babylas

30-06-2011

Why couldn't we play randomly on EU West server and EU East & North server, as we have been doing with NA so far, without a split ? I think everyone would be happy this way.

I'm kinda sad about LoL EU not being LoL EU anymore, I mean, we are all Europeans, and we won't even be able to play together anymore.

Kaevar

30-06-2011

Ymir, seriously... I agree with what you say but what do you expect? You're splitting a community in half. People are pissed off.

This is probably the worst decision Riot has ever taken and you know already that it won't change anything. You need to invest on new ****ing servers at any cost or people will just end up playing DOTA2.

I have a lot of people from all Europe on my contact list, I probably won't be able to play with them anymore. This will completely destroy the competitive scene, and it's going to do no good to the current state of things. You MUST get new servers stable and running asap, no matter how large the investment, it WILL pay off in the long term.

This is a make or break issue on your future as a company. Do it.

Kazh

30-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miryo View Post
No one really said on this forum that they dont want to play with Czechs yet, but I am part of "eastern part" and I feel like its already decided who will be inferior. I have feeling, even now - before it all starts, that we are already labeled with "Europe B" stamp.
I have to agree, i really think that this mindset will be in alot of players once this kicks in.

AkumaRaion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-06-2011

Who care? This racist. You even don't add Turkey to that map. Thanks Racist Riot.

Wabo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaRaion View Post
Who care? This racist. You even don't add Turkey to that map. Thanks Racist Riot.
Turkey isn't official part of the European Union yet, is it?

vinculis

30-06-2011

Im really curious about this thing: if I stated that Scandinavians can't speak english or any non-scandinavian language at all, would that count as racism?
That's what they were doing to poor eastern guys all day long.

Ymir

Player Behaviour Expert

Follow Ymir on Twitter

30-06-2011
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miryo View Post
This perception is being created by posts like this one. Even if you don't intend it.

Both of these servers will be of equal capacity, in the same place using the exact same system with the exact same team taking care of them. Creating a self fulfilling prophecy is only making it spread to more people. Why should this be the case?

I have never viewed Eastern Europe negatively, we have massive amounts of players from there who make up this community and are fantastic people. We are not going to go through this split and focus on one server, this is about EVERY European player.

AkumaRaion

30-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabo View Post
Turkey isn't official part of the European Union yet, is it?
Acctualy %30 of Turkey is in Europe, and as Wikipedia Turkey is a part of Europe. Who cares about European Union, we are barbars ftw.