Help Needed Irelia Vs Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Didaksan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-06-2011

Yesterday I played a solo ranked 5v5 with my Irelia character and I happened to be against warwick,now I know she is indeed a bit too good,but I simply couldn't do anything against this guy.My starter build was Philo Stone > boots > wit > trinity > razor > guardian but untill that I got wreck'd horribly by my opponent who happened to be Warwick.
Here is how it goes.
I max'd my Q first to get some decent farms and seems like he did this too,each time I went to steal a minion he attacked me and when he got to 80% hp he used his Q ability and simply healed to full with no mana or hp problems at all.He happened to be starting with doran's ring & somewhere near 50 ap.So each time I went for a mob he got around 300 hp of my life in a couple of hits,not to mention he stood in the lane for 18 minutes straight without buying anything[yes we had ganks but none of them worked effectively(Q ~300 hp heal-damage,run away)]
So if there's any high elo [lets say above 1700] can help me out here I'll greatly appreciate it.

I was Beg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-06-2011

Max your E first, then Q. Also just get a ganker for him, if he had 50 ap in the start he is playing it so wrong and will be squishy as hell.

Do you have health regen quintesses? do you play 0/9/21? You need Mres/lvl or mres/flat for blues, armor yellows, Hp regen Quintesses.

Also I'd recommend,
Philo>Lvl1 boots, Heart of gold > Mercury threads, chalice / FoN / Randuin > Trinity > Fon / Randuin > GA > Madreds/Warmog.

When he engages on you, let him Q then you E him, you should be able to do more damage in that time than him. Don't forget the ignite very important.

Your worst mistake you can do vs warwick is to not attack him back, when he Q's you, he can't do damage for 6 seconds unless he does ultimate+Q again.

If he q's you, Q him back, pop W and use E, follow up with a ultimate(Try to hit the creep wave as well).

Didaksan

30-06-2011

My spec is 9-21-0 atm and problem is that even If I hit him he will attack minions and regen 36 hp per hit and since my damage relies on that Q > E burst with sheen he can pretty much negate it by Qing mobs and striking minions, and why do I need a chalice instead of a wits end ?

ShakeNBakeUK

30-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didaksan View Post
and why do I need a chalice instead of a wits end ?
so you have enough mana regen to harass every time W cooldown is up

Farod1n

30-06-2011

Well 9/21/0 is just pure fail with Irelia, you need those 21 utility points so badly. Also as previously said, 9 points in defence are much better for her. Basically just listen to I was beg, the only point i'd disagree with him about are the hp regen Quints. Imo Irelias lane sustain is still good enough (even after her ultimates & philo nerf), since you usually start with a Regrowth Pendant anyways which is enough for hp regen combined with your masteries. In late/mid game armor pen/ health quints are simply more useful than hp reg runes.

KucheKlizma

30-06-2011

I always max E and W first. W against meaty champs that I am able to auto-attack a few times to shred their health (also for better lane sustainance vs difficult opponents). E for burst against squishies.
If their whole team composition is squishy/good at running away from your auto-attacks - E -> Q -> W is the best option probably (I rarely go for that though so no idea).
At any rate - never max Q first. In a fight - you simply can't use Q for damage output - you have to save it as a gap closer. And you don't need it maxed for that purpouse. While E and W spam will increase your damage a lot without sacrificing your mobility. In lane - wtf do you need a maxed Q for? I can lasthit at turret, at lvl1, with lvl1 Q, and get almost every minion's bounty.

Irelia and WW is pretty much decided by skill/ganks/luck. Both are extremely good solo laners. I personally rarely have trouble with WW - he gets me low -> I get him low -> he regenerates -> I regenerate. But I can't dominate the lane without external help or WW making too many mistakes.

You might want to be extremely passive until lvl4. Irelia is a bit weak prior to that. You don't need to kill your enemy. You don't need to push. If you get the lane pushing towards your turret and you're at full HP - you've already won, as Irelia is one of the best champs for behind turret lasthitting... ^_^ While the enemy may have trouble getting all the farm that he needs within YOUR turret's range.

Bloodthorne

30-06-2011

Out of all the skills to max out, you do NOT want to max Q first.

You should focus on either E (longer stun duration and the damage will counter hungering strike) or focus on W, if you intend on killing him in a duel.

9/21/0 should indeed be your masteries, with ignite and flash or ignite and ghost. Ignite will simply get you kills, especially vs WW whose healing you cut in half.

For items, start philostone, boots 1, sheen, then boots 2, then trinity force. Either sell philostone or make eleisa's miracle (then you obviously do NOT buy merc threads). After that focus on either defense or offense, depending on what you want to achieve.

I was Beg

30-06-2011

Chalice is 1200gold cheaper and gives you lane sustainability. If you level Q before E, why would you go 9/21? Q does physical damage.

Also if you level Q before E, your chances of stunning him go down, because Q does a decent amount of damage and might bring him lower than your current health, also the stun is much shorter.

You should just let him farm and farm yourself until your ganker is there. Try to let him push so he can't farm as safely.

Having 21 in defense does not help you a lot when it comes to sustainability and that's what you want as a top laning offtank. 21 Utility grants you 3% more cdr, 3% movement speed, improved cooldowns on summoners, 4% health regen(as irelia endgame you'll have alot). And vs a lanewick if you can outrun him, there is no fear of his Q. It's hard for you and him to kill each other and you should just farm and keep your health high until one of you have the advantage.

Also if you get Hp reg quints, you can count it as having a potion running 24/7 compared to having something else.

prophecY4seeN

01-07-2011

am probably gonna be downvoted for saying this... but i will anyway... if your up against someone u cant beat in a straightup 1v1 e.g. warwick.mord,rumble. level hiten max hiten style as priority over E.. that combined with philostone and0/9/21 mastery *S&S* allow you to lane forever. once u can do that... its just a farm warm...

You have to remember that winning your lane doesnt always mean killing enemy and dropping towers.. outfarming them works too, you only need rank 1 in Q. to last hit perfectly under towerfire.. as irelia, you have no reason to die unless 3 people gank you under turret.. and even then, you should expect to come out with 1 kill.

tl:dr normal skill sequence should be R>E>W>Q
vs warwick or someone you cant kill without endangering yourself use R>W>E>Q. i dunno why people would max Q 1st/2nd when sheen proc helps it anyway and u only need rank 1 to have 100% last hit under turrets earlygame.

Didaksan

03-07-2011

Well my problem is usually early game where I can't outdamage his passive healing or Q spell,right after we hit those teamfights carries simply can't do anything and I grab a ton of kills.
As for the masteries do i get the hp regen or the dodge + nimbleness ? kinda confused with all these comments...