Could not load direct3d

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heartless004

25-06-2011

Yes, I know, this thread already exists, or like a million of them, but none of them solved my problem, so here goes...
I've resently upgraded my computer, new CPU, GPU, RAM etc. etc. And I did a complete windows 7 reinstall. Every time I try to start LoL I get this error: Could not load direct3d. All I can press is ok. I have directx 11 and the latest driver for my GPU (GeForce gtx 590) so that's not the problem... My computer specs are:
CPU: Intel core i7 960/50 (can't remember exactly^^)
GPU: Nvidia geforce GTX 590
ASUS III Rampage
12GB RAM (only (8GB is recognised)
I'm out of ideas, any help? Ask if you need any more info... DXDIAG is attached, but it's cut down due to the max size.

Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (19.5 KB, 79 views)

well wisher2

25-06-2011

Same was here, but i installed old drivers. I have Nvidia fx5900 or something like this, so i installed not the latest driver, but prevision drivers

Heartless004

25-06-2011

well I can't do that, as the previus drivers ****ed up the graphics card. But I'll try it out, but I'm hoping for another solution.

Heartless004

25-06-2011

Tried downgrading it to the very first driver there is, but it still doesn't work, any ideas?

Skelton

25-06-2011

Your dxDiag is not showing that you have a Graphics Card installed. I think that might be your problem.

Heartless004

25-06-2011

I have a Graphics card installed... what might cause this problem?

Skelton

25-06-2011

It could be that when you posted your dxdiag your graphics card was using a driver that wasn't suited for it to be used. You may want to see if you can find what your card is and download a recent driver for it then restart your PC and try again. If still no luck try reinstalling DirectX instead.

Heartless004

25-06-2011

I'll try that, thanks

Heartless004

25-06-2011

I have a geforce GTX 590, and I've already went to their website and downloaded the latest driver for that card, but I do get this strange error when booting up my computer: Please reinstall/update the display driver and update. So I think there's a problem with my driver, but tried reinstalling it with no luck...
I'll try to reinstall directx 11, but I don't think that'll fix anything.

Skelton

25-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless004 View Post
I have a geforce GTX 590, and I've already went to their website and downloaded the latest driver for that card, but I do get this strange error when booting up my computer: Please reinstall/update the display driver and update. So I think there's a problem with my driver, but tried reinstalling it with no luck...
I'll try to reinstall directx 11, but I don't think that'll fix anything.
Try rolling back 1 driver and see if it helps.