What's the meaning of these words?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unbidden

16-06-2011

Relatively new to this game (about 2 weeks) and I think I have got the gist of it but not sure.

Carry- Main DPS? to 'carry' the team?
Jungler- Not sure with this one
Support- Does this mean supporting DPS or supporting with champs like Janna
ss- I now this means a missing enemy champ in your lane but what does it stand for?
Re- Im guessing 'Reappeared' Enemy champ?

Is there any other words I should know?

Kakai248

16-06-2011

Yeah
The one that levels up by killing monsters in the jungle
Yeah (supports whole team)
ss - missing
re - don't know the word but it means they reappeared

BreaKer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbidden View Post
Relatively new to this game (about 2 weeks) and I think I have got the gist of it but not sure.

ss- I now this means a missing enemy champ in your lane but what does it stand for?

The Jungler is a character killing only the jungle creeps in the beginning of the game, letting one lane solo so it can get more XP/Gold
Support - These are babysitters, like Sona, Soraka, Janna, etc. They usually stay in the same lane as the carry helping him farm. They can roam as well.
SS - Comes from MISS, also MIA - Missing In Action
Re - Came back

wdfk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-06-2011

Carry- the hero that does the most damage in your team, your main damage output, if he dies, you're ****ed up
Jungler- the hero that starts the match by killing creeps in the jungle, he attempts to gank lanes, and give the advantage of a solo lane to one of his team mates.
Support- support is the hero that is in charge with "babysitting" the other heroes in his team, his main job is to use cv, buy wards, aura items. he ussualy has alot of cc.
ss- abreviation for "missing" or you can use "mia" wich is an abreviation for "missing in action". basicaly you let your team know that the hero(es) you lane against are not on your lane anymore.
Re- abreviation for "returned". you let your team know that the hero u signaled with ss or mia is now back on your lane.

keep it real

Vivify

16-06-2011

ss = When someone goes ''missing'' from your lane (enemy team champ). It's a shortcut for the word miss.

Re: You write this when the ''missing'' enemy champion returns to the lane. It's a shortcut for the word Return or Returned.

Support = A champion who can aid his/her team in one way or the other (CC's, Heals, Mana return, Auras etc)

Jungler = A champion who choose to farm gold, exp and creeps only in the jungle (Early game). He do this to grant your team a advantage in both ganking and exp ratio on, normaly, the top lane.

Carry = A champion who got the abillity to ''carry'' his team towards victory.
Main dps = The teams best/most effective damage dealer (Dps= Damage per second)

Other good words to know would be things like.

All the shortcuts for champion names like:

Grag = Gragas
Kass = Kassadin
Malp = Malphite
Malz = Malzahar
GP = Gangplank
Trynd = Tryndamare
Casso = Cassiopeia

etc, etc.

After that comes shortcuts for item names like:
SS = Soul shroud.

Things like that.

Cheers
Sawy-Janna player

Auspexa

16-06-2011

Carry = Just like you said, main dps. It can be either ad carry or ap carry.

Jungler = Junglers don't go lane, they kill monsters in jungle and gank lanes. I see two junglers every game on each team because it gives great advantage. You can't do jungling without proper runes and proper masteries.

Support = Again, just like you said, healers etc. are support champions. Taric, Kayle, Soraka, Sona, Janna, Karma, Zilean are pure supports while Lux, Morgana, Alistar, Orianna, Blitzcrank, Nidalee are hybrid supports.

SS or MIA = Means 'miss' and you say it when an enemy champ is missing in your lane.

Re = Yeah, means it has reappeared.

There are many other words you should know but I guess there are some list around, search for it.

Unbidden

16-06-2011

Thanks guys

Dyelle

16-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbidden View Post

Carry is a term for a champion that with sufficient farm (kills & minion kills) will be the main damage dealer in your team and their pretty much sole purpose is to kill your enemies. Kinda narrow term imo cause it implies the rest of the team is just stuffing but you get the picture.

A jungler is a champ that will start the game xping on the neutral monster camps in your jungle (basically everything in between the lanes). Certain champs excell at this (Nunu, Warwick,...) others are pretty lacklustre in this area. The point of this is two-sided. One it will give you another solo lane (normally the top lane) which results in more exp and more gold from minion kills for one person on your team. Another is the threat of ganks. A jungler will invade the lanes and try to get kills in combination with your teammates in that lane. Also generally an important factor in getting dragon early game.

Yeah support champs are champs that have a kit designed to well support/babysit their team. They're not supposed to soak or deal damage. Examples are Janna's CC and shield, Soraka's HP and mana heals, Sona's heal/aura's/ult,..

Saying ss in chat notifies your team that your opponents in your lane went missing. I prefer pinging the map myself. And yes 're' means a missing champ is back in his lane.

edit: wow awfully late

mardin123

04-08-2013

Re=Recall
SS=Save yourself

UchihaBlood

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardin123 View Post
Re=Recall
SS=Save yourself
kys: kill your self