Kayle's Ulti

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlredyBeingUsed

10-06-2011

^ am I the only one that thinks it's sooooo UP it's not even funny?

3 secs of dmg invulnerability at lvl3 (tryn can negate death for 5 secs, zil's resurrect lasts for 7 secs + 2 of stasis)

u can cast it on the initiator, and see the enemies just ingore him till it wears off (most of the time they ignore him anyway :P); cast it on a dying ally, and see the enemies just cast a stun and kill him as soon as it wears off; cast it on a turret diver, and block maybe a couple turret hits... most of the time a simple heal is more effective (especially if u built AP) ...the only decent use I could find for it is to cast it on a ulti-ing fiddle/swain (aoe non-channeled ultis, channeled ones like nunu or kat can still be interrupted) to ensure full ulti duration, but that's pretty much it...

I know 'buffing' it would be quite hard (how can u improve an 'invulnerable' effect? :P), but at least make the duration scale with AP (1 sec for every 100 AP?) (or make it give invulnerability to CCs as well :P) (or add a teleport effect like shen... dunno... just do something :P i has a sad everything I see my kayle in the camp selection screen: 'awww honey, I would really like to choose u, but u just suck sooo much :P')

if some1 found a better use for it then the ones I listed plz go ahead and tell me, I can't think of any :P

TL;DR: QQ thread about Kayle's ulti being UP

Aethewn

10-06-2011

It provided CC-immunity long before - but was nerfed due to insane Kayle+Twitch combo as far as I know.

It is still powerful in fact. But it's not viable in solo Q. Rambo-style melee dps would love it (irelia, olaf, yi, tryn) with cleanse they are practically immune to damage and CC.

The problem is: they are rarely ready for it. They don't take cleanse. And almost everyone is used to escape when low on health. With this ult on you - you should stay and finish off enemy team. At least this is how this ult should work on paper.

It also counters assassins and burst casters. But you have to be really quick to activate it just before...

TopHatCat

10-06-2011

Would be nice if it worked something like... after being reduced to 1 HP the Invuln kicks it, but that's just similar to Zil's kinda... But something to make it less, ignoreable, something to help with the timing.

AlredyBeingUsed

10-06-2011

yeah... what really bothers me it's the duration: u can't even say "meh, kayle's ulti" that it's already over :P

I mean, 'regular' short support ultis are like "yeah, I almost killed him... FK, <support> ULTI!", kyle's one is like "uops, Kayle's ulti... oh nevermind, nice waste of mana" :P it's barely a nuisance instead of the massive survivability boost it should be

I tried it in duo queue: I was like "hey i'm gonna cast my ulti ok?, it gives u 2 secs of invul" and my friend at first was like "nice gogogo...YEAH! I'm God look at th... WTF I'M DEAD!" and then the next time was like "meh, don't bother, just heal me" :P

DivineEvil

10-06-2011

Well, I you would put that ulti and could keep it on unti your mana goes dry by something like 150-200 mana per second, that would work. As it is now, I see Kayle not much better support than Sivir. But, yeah, Kayle at least can heal+boost you...

mldnlght

13-06-2011

actually the ult is pretty useful. veigar and annie for example can isntaburst their target down. now if your reflexes are good enough, you can make them waste most of the damage on their skills (and their skills have CDs).

use it on the portraits of your team on the side of your screen when things get hectic in teamfights.

Niaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-06-2011

Agree as I play Kayle very frequently. The thing I notice the most is that. From lvl 1 > lvl 2 ulti you only get 0.5 sec more of your ulti. That is insanely underpowered in my eyes. IMO at least turn the ulti back as it was before so you're immune to CC and keep the current duration or increase the duration of lvl 1 ulti to 3 sec and increase it with 1 sec every time you lvl it up. Sounds fair to me.

KulliK

15-06-2011

If you are playing kayle and are using the ult on your team more often than yourself then your team fails.
the idea is to be a squishy DD but use the ult to negate the brunt of the focus so you can take out or severely cripple the focus in a fight without needing to wait for some of your teams precious CC to take the other damagers out of the fight. When you have some idiot running in and getting nuked to **** and you need to ult him to stop him dying, that's your primary role in the teamfight gone, you can't cripple the focus, you now need to just do damage where you can and heal your team, which is not nearly as useful.
This in no way means "never ult a teammate", because naturally, you should, and you should even use it on someone else to do what you would otherwise do, if they prove themselves more capable due to farm or feed or simply what champion they are (Jax is a good example, but any team with jax and kayle is kinda ****)
While i agree that it is extremely short considering it does not even reduce CC, it's far far from being outright UP, i think that if Kayle's Q mana cost was lower and her E cooldown shorter at low levels or was actually worth leveling for any reason beyond cooldowns or " i need to learn how to last hit" it wouldn't even be worth mentioning, it would be like whining how kassadins W is useless, that doesn't matter because his other skills are ****ing amazing.

sorry for this ramble rant of a reply, i'm sure there's something in there worth reading... i guess.

HunterGuilherme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-06-2011

It has a fairly low cooldown, I played Kayle some days ago and saved a lot of asses with this ult.

TopHatCat

15-06-2011

He's a remake idea, how about have it so "When target champion would take over X damage, he only takes X".

Kinda like Poppy's passive but with flat values?