Picks and Counter-Picks!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarčth

09-06-2011

Me and my friends are going to try and start playing pre-made ranked games soon so I thought it would be a good idea if we could have a thread which illustrates some of the best counter-picks against particular champions as well as give people a chance to ask about their own 'problem champions'. Share, rant or brag about youre own particular strengths/ weaknesses!

My favourite counter-picks:

Malzahar is a brilliant counterpick for that 'OP Tyrandemere' everyone complains about because its easymode to kill him when he's suppressed by the Malz ult- nullifying a lot of his potential in group-fights.

I use Jax to counter melle DPS- high sustainability champions such as Xin Zao, Noct and Udyr. They tend to enjoy their independance and ability to 1v1 in the brush/ jungle and they always like to try their luck!

(Obviously these counterpicks can be nullified by items like Sword of the Divine and Quicksilver Sash, but the fact is they stand regardless)

My biggest problems:

Mordekaiser: I tend to get one of the side lanes in most of my games so I very rarely run into this champion- he is only a problem though when he gets mid or solo lane simply because it is so rediculously easy to farm with him. Even against strong players/ champions he can at least get a decent amount of minion kills and pump out consistent DPS whilst remaining very difficult to kill. In terms of fighting him myself I find Annie to be one of the best champions to kill him with because her burst can pop his shield and tibbers can then keep it off with his AOE whilst you pump out what DPS you have left into him. Besides the obvious ganks what can I do to deal with this guy!?

What are youre favourite counter-picks? Which Champons give you the most problems?

SneakilyGeekily

09-06-2011

Counter to Mordekaiser
Smart play. In early game just stay away from your minions to force the option of charging his shield or harrasment. Sit on your tower and learn to farm from there. Play defensive and call for a gank as soon as your jungler is ready. The downside here is you'll miss out on a few CS because of the fact you are constantly under your tower.
Or
Aggresive play. As soon as you see him hit him with a long range spell. It is critical you do this before he gets anywhere near the minions. Keep this up anytime he goes near those minions but keep the wave in the middle of the lane. Easier solo top than in mid because you have more space to work with. So in other words, zone the hell out of him. The only downside to this is if the Morde player is smart he will just go 'ok' and continue on to the minions then just keep his shield up to avoid further harassment.

I don't feel that there is any particular champion that counters him other than staying away from minions and a little team-play.

I generally have problems with Kassadin. When he gets fed he pops in blows up our carry, pops out. Pops back in again, blows up our off-tank, pops out again. Rinse repeat until you are aced. Any tips (other than "don't feed him then", because it may not be you feeding him)?

Garlix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2011

I don't think that Malzahar is the best counter pick for trynda, using your ulti on ultied trynda is kinda a waste imo. Taking exhaust and beating him in lane will do the job much better I think, you could use your ulti on much more dangerous carries

V0rax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

I can always zone (as in deny him both farm and exp) Morde in 1v1 lane with either Singed, Lux or Anivia. His early lvl dmg output is quite low, and these champs can quickly burst his shield down, and easily outharass him then with either superior range or in Singed's case, poison betwen him and your creeps.
They also have means to prevent/restrict his movement (Singed's fling and slow, Lux's snare and slow and Anivia's stun, 2x slow and a wall lol), so he can't get close to your minions to charge his shield.