Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Items and Auras FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephirotica

Recruiter

05-25-2010

Credit goes to Stumpster for putting the original text together.

I. Items and Auras

Q: How do items work? Do they stack?

A: All stats from items will stack additively except for those that have a UNIQUE ability. For instance, the Infinity Edge item has the following stats:

+80 DMG
+20% Crit
UNIQUE Passive: Critical hits now deal 250% damage instead of 200%.

If you were to pick up two Infinity Edges, you would have the following stats:

+160 DMG
+40% Crit
UNIQUE Passive: Critical hits now deal 250% damage instead of 200%.

Note that both the damage and critical chance stack additively, but because the passive to the Infinity Edge is UNIQUE, you cannot be affected by that more than once.

Q: How do item auras work together?

A: If you and a teammate both have the same item, you will be affected by the aura twice. As an example, at the start of the game you purchase Mana Manipulator. This item gives a mana regeneration to yourself and allies nearby. If you were to go with a teammate who also purchased Mana Manipulator, both of you would be affected by this aura twice.

However, if you had a third teammate that did not have the Mana Manipulator they would only be affected by one aura.

Note that you can be affected by the same aura at most twice. Once if you have it, once if a teammate has it.

Certain Auras don't stack, atho most do. Also note that enemies can be affected by negative auras only once so if you were to have 2 Abyssal scepters in the team your enemies would only lose 20 Magic Resistance due to its aura.

Q: What about on-hit and on-use item effects?
As the name suggests on-hit items apply their effect whenever an enemy is hit by your auto attack. Also worth noting is that on-hit effects will only stack as far as the item tooltip states so having 2 Black Cleavers will stack the armor de-buff 6 times as will having one however it will stack it twice as fast, same goes for Malady.

On-use item effects range from an additional spell to cast (Deathfire grasp) to an emergency save button (Zhonya's ring) however they all share one thing in common and that is, you need to USE them in order for them to work their magic. To use them you can either click them or use a hotkey bound to your inventory slot. By default hotkeys are
[1][2][3]
[4][5][6], ofc, as anything else, they can be rebound trough Key bindings options.

skyqula

06-04-2010

the new will of the ancients aura doesnt stack either btw

Scars the Legend

06-14-2010

^^

skyqula

06-30-2010

Quote:
skyqula:
the new will of the ancients aura doesnt stack either btw

will stack from patch 1.0.0.94(b) onwards

l3g10nph03nix

07-20-2010

I got a question about items. Here's an example: I have 5 items in my inventory and i want to forge another weapon. But to do that i need 3 ingredient items and there's no more room in my inventory. how do i do this without having to sell my other items? in DotA i would just give some items to my chicken or lay them on the ground for a minute. But in LoL that doesnt seem to work ?

Shababli

07-20-2010

Is there a limit to the number of different UNIQUE passives a champion can be afftected by?

Ni Pah

07-21-2010

I think you can be effected by every UNIQUE passives, both positive and negative.
Just only 1 UNIQUE passive by them, and one by yourself (If you get your own item with UNIQUE passive).

Nezzie

07-21-2010

Quote:
l3g10nph03nix:
I got a question about items. Here's an example: I have 5 items in my inventory and i want to forge another weapon. But to do that i need 3 ingredient items and there's no more room in my inventory. how do i do this without having to sell my other items? in DotA i would just give some items to my chicken or lay them on the ground for a minute. But in LoL that doesnt seem to work ?

You simply need to wait till you have enough money to buy the rest of the item in one go.

For instance, Let's say you are making Zhonya's Ring, You had 5 Item slots and just bought the Needlessly large rog that you needed for Zhonya's Ring, but you still need a blasting wand before you can make it.

So right now in all you need 1860 Money for a Zhonya's Ring. 860 For the Blasting wand and 1000 for the Zhonya's Ring itself.

Then you simply need to save enough money up to 1860 and then you will be able to buy the rest of the Zhonya's Ring in one go.

Hope I was to any help.

SDMarukokun

07-23-2010

Something that's not clear to me on the UNIQUE stuff:
if for ex. I have an item with UNIQUE passive cooldown reduction 15%
and another item with UNIQUE passive cooldown reduction 10%,
does that "UNIQUE" point to the item (AKA it _will_ stack to 15+10=25%)
or to the effect (AKA I get only 15% cooldown reduction) ?

Sephirotica

Recruiter

07-23-2010

The UNIQUE passive points to the item.
So if you have (lets say) 2 nashors tooths CDR on them will not stack so 25% + 25% = 25%. But if you have nashor tooth and frozen heart than its 25%+25% = 50% (or 40 since 40 is the cap).