Need Advice - LoL Data Mining

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iktha

28-04-2011

This may not have been the best forum to relay this question, however I believe it is the closest match.

My question is this:

Does anyone know where I could easily-harvest Champion statistic data?

By ĎStatistic Dataí I mean stats such as Health, Health increase per level, Mana, Mana increase per level, etc.

By ĎHarvestí I mean a source that I could at least relatively-easily update from when a patch comes out. As it is now, I have to manually update my database of the current 75 Champions each time a patch/hotfix of any kind comes out. The problem is Riot dose not always list every small change they make, whether from simple forgetfulness or otherwise. This, of course, forces me to check sites such as League of Legends Wiki which I cannot easily-harvest data from (although it is currently what I use the majority of the time).

Considering there are 75 Champions * 16 basic statistics, that means I have to either physically update or check 1200 Ďnumbersí each time they release a patch/hotfix. Seeing as how theyíre releasing patches and new Champions practically every-other week, this is extremely difficult.

Possible Solutions Ė

Iíve considered the game files themselves may contain the raw statistic data I need in (hopefully) a semi-readable form. If not, this idea wonít work, obviously. Although I havenít checked yet, I doubt Iíd find them very easily on my own. If anyone knows of any way to extract this data from the game files, that would be a large help.

My second idea is simply a data-mine / web-harvest software which I could use to extract data from a site like League of Legends Wiki, which, is far better at updating (as they update their data from thousands of users simultaneously) than myself. I donít know of any free / relatively easy-to-use software of this type. There seem to be hundreds of Ďbrandsí out there, and most seem to be quite low-grade / not free (and Iím not paying for them, sadly).

Lastly, perhaps thereís someone else out there who consistently and accurately updates the Champion database and makes-available his/her copy of this data in an easy-to-use form (perhaps Excel or some-such). Iíve done quite a few searches for this, however, and so far canít find anyone meeting that description. If you know of anyone who does perform this function, that may also solve my issue.

Thanks in advance

Oxidda

28-04-2011

Interesting.

Don't the currently existing websites like Mobafire en leaguecraft contain that info?

Iktha

28-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxidda View Post
Interesting.

Don't the currently existing websites like Mobafire en leaguecraft contain that info?
They do contain the information, yes. However, it is very difficult to extract, en-masse, that data. In other words, it's easy to look up Warwick or Soraka's stats real quick, and even to copy them down... but when we take into account there are 75 Champions at the moment that becomes a rather large task. If I remember right, there are 16 'Basic Statistics' (Health / Health + etc) that each champions has. That means 75 * 16 = 1200 numbers I have to copy/paste each time. If I could do this even at the rate of 1 copy per second (extremely fast) it would still take me 1200 seconds (20 minutes). I've done this multiple times already, and believe me it takes MUCH longer than that. I type over 140 wpm and am very computer-savvy, and I can't update all Champion info in less than an hour. The more changes that were in a given patch, the longer this takes.

Basically, Mobafire, Leaguecraft, or LoL Wiki all contain the information I want... but they've seperated it for the use of common users who only want to look at specific Champions every 'now and again'. I, however, am looking at Champion Data multiple times a day, usually, and am actually extracting all the data for my own uses (Champion comparison's / balance issues, etc).

If, for example, these websites had 1 page that showed ALL Champion statistics in an easy-to-copy-and-paste format then I'd be fine. However, they seperate everything into individual pages for each individual Champion. The load-time alone for clicking on each Champion takes longer than 20 minutes all together, lol.

I need a way to extract this data en-masse (all at once, in its entirety).

Thanks for reply, btw ;D

Grumpy Grizzly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-04-2011

What about:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ase_Statistics

seems to have what you are looking for. You might need to do a little spreadsheet work to get something that shows HP at each level, but the growth rates are all there.

Looks like they have Brand but not Rumble. But one champ isn't too bad.

Iktha

28-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grizzly View Post
Aha! Very nice Grumpy Grizzly. I opened it and realized I'd seen this a long while back and completely forgot about it, lol. This may be exactly what I need, thanks a bunch. This will save so much time =D