Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The New PvP.net Patcher is now in Limited Release!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NunuMid

04-14-2011

LOL. This new pacher just deleted my whole game and started installing from pach. Lost all off my costum skins, wtf?

GabeNewell2

04-14-2011

The new patcher works fine for me, I haven't had any problems since I got it in February. Nice improvement for me since I had many errors while patching with the old one.

- Gabe Newell

Hisagakure

04-14-2011

http://i54.tinypic.com/w1e1q8.jpg

i ask WTH !!

Hisagakure

04-14-2011

ok nvm that was a bug only lol after i post launcher say my LoL is up to date Zzzzzz

SomebodyRandom

04-14-2011

Why does this patch need 150+ Mbs worth of updates is beyond me ... it does have a fresh new look and i did try it out with the first release .... but meh why so much patching it's just a launcher gawd...

YourFaTherz

04-14-2011

Hor**** does not work, same error as expected thats all u could come up with in last 30hours ? retards lol

Sightburner

04-14-2011

Quote:
YourFaTherz:
Hor**** does not work, same error as expected thats all u could come up with in last 30hours ? retards lol

Works great for me, maybe you should read the instruction before you try migrating?
Or use your head and make a backup of your original files?

5h1nj1

04-14-2011

Hi, I don't really like the idea to ride on the wave of negativity here (cause I love the game so much) but is this all necessary? Every change results in several days of non-working game for us (yes, I understand it's not deliberate, but it always seems to happen).
Couldn't you just leave the game be? Just leave the servers running as they are for several weeks? So we can, you know, play the game?
Why new patcher? You don't even tell us why it's better? Is it actually? Does it come with a "free" Pando bu****it again? This really ticked me off. I got rid off that, yes, but wouldn't hurt just to ask during the setup, would it? This is how malware works. You want to be known as the malware company?
I wish you luck with what you're doing but it really seems to me that it wouldn't hurt to consider alternate approach to some issues.

Mjölkis

04-14-2011

Quote:
Kemstar:
Yeah this Patcher Got an Error-...

Update Failed

Unspecified error occured. Please check the logs for more information.

i get the same :S
Stand still at 33%

Guthrog

04-14-2011

Open the lol-cb3.game.version file in your main game folder with notepad and remove these lines:
<PerformCopy>1</PerformCopy>
<PerformDelete>0</PerformDelete>

Now, when launching the new patcher, the migration will happen. Be ready to do a lot of waiting while it updates, but at least that way the new patcher works.