alistar guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lepotec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

23-03-2011

I would start with Regrowth Pendant and later upgrade to Philosopher Stone. Then later you upgrade to Shurelya's Reverie. Some Health, great regen for Health and Mana, 10% CDR and an active AoE 40% speed buff (for 3 seconds). Use the MS buff for better positioning before you use Headbutt.

Shurelya's + Boots of Mobility/Swiftness are basically all the items you really need to be functional as Alistair. Your job in team fights is basically to flash in, knock up as many enemies as possible, then Headbutt their carry towards your own team so that they can focus fire and kill him. After that you get killed yourself, but you were worth much less that the enemy carry so it's a good trade for your team.

I have to admit that this is actually theorizing on my part, because I only played Alistair last week when he was free and it was only at the end of the week that I figured out that immortal tank Alistair wasn't a good build because of the long cooldown on Pulverize. So I'm not an expert on playing him, but I can't really see any major flaws in my reasoning. The above is a synthesis of forum posts I read, builds I examined, and my own thinking about the matter and I fail to notice any important flaws. But feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong.

Yohachhin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-03-2011

Alistar is NOT ALLOWED to die, he is one of the best pusher in game, thats why you build trinity...massive dmg at towers, also you dont need tank items in early, game so you are a bruiser in early game who uses his ultimate to rush in and destroy the enemys team, alsooooooooo in midgame your job is farming and roaming making some succesful ganks...
in endgame you use your ultimate to push towers or to solo enemys you approach when you roam, important is trinity force, madreds is not that importan an option which is good for jungling and roaming...
i would alistar on build AP if you really only support and if you are save when rushing in to knock up...but when you rush in to knock up and if they see that you are building AP then the chance that you die is much more higher, in my opinion a strong pusher and roamer who got turned to a waster/assa....

Killmelast

24-03-2011

hm, no CDR? I'd go for Nashors when going offensive.

My usual build is pure support though.
starting with mana manip or mekis,
first items pilo stone into shurelyas and boots3. add spirit visage and you are at CDR cap. Randuins if the game drags on/they have scary AD.
I usually grab a sheen when teamfights are about to start, simply for the max mana increase (the dmg doesnt hurt though). Never got further, usually game ends with one huge push by now

btw: for support, max E first! the higher mana on the other 2 skills is almost worse than the + in dmg and you dont want kills for yourself, you want to feed your lanemate (preferably ranged AD carry). Feeding your partner in lane with alistar is incredibly easy (imo best tanky champ you can get in a dual lane) and with E you can just ignore and outheal all the dmg that might ever come back

Rampage

24-03-2011

well guys i made a guide for you to try it, i know you all have your own builds but what i wanted is that you try my build and tell me does it works for you, as it works for me.

and Yohachhin i rly dont understand why would you go jungle with alistar when he is great laner, in jungle you go for madreds at begining whitch doesnt help you that much later, you simply could be in lane and use that 1000 gold to buy sheen, then you need buy boots again~1000 gold and then you go for most expensive item in the game. You dont have single cdr item, you have ~same survivability. For the price of your 3 items , mine would be doran ring, sorcer, mask, lichbane ... with those for ~same price you have more dmg and same tanking power and after both builds you can go for ap/tank or tank items. i mean at least try my build few times and tell me how it was.cheers

Yohachhin

24-03-2011

the reason of jngling alistar becouse it gives you better gold from lvl 1-4
then you start roaming and thats way more better than laning for ali, alistar is a very good roamer and an extremly good pusher those both combined make him one of the greatest tanks...its not a must to jungle but its suggested by some people in better elos

also you dont really rely on madreds its a possibility which works good as farmer tiem for alistar, als if you would build madreds you got an extra ward you can use when you roam...a typical roamer item and i think it fits alistar gamebase, as i can tell you for me AP alistar doesn't work as good as AD/tank alistar (roamer/jungler/pusher), bruiser/tank (tanky dps/pusher)) or tank alistar (pure tank/initiator)

i think this was my last post in this thread just my opinion

IintendToPwnU

25-03-2011

Tried it and it failed u suck so bad get a good build

Rampage

25-03-2011

for noobs is normal to fail, nothing new...