alistar guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rampage

22-03-2011

Hi everyone,

I made a guide for alistar, its my first guide. So everyone that has wish to try some new build and new philosophy with same gameplay of our favorite cow, go and check it.

http://leaguedb.com/builds/113-apistar

I hope you will try it. I'm open to your suggestions

Dakonblackblade

23-03-2011

Fix the link. It is only for those with account

Rampage

23-03-2011

i fixed it, my bed

Ediwir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

23-03-2011

hm... looks a bit fragile outside ultimate, and you still have very long cooldowns...

IintendToPwnU

23-03-2011

pff that sucks he is a good initiator but any1 with half a brain will no not to attck u tanking on him is useless he is useless only 2 disables and long as cooldowns he doesnt need ability power wtf just need to tank u go in first they will just auto attack cause no1 would waste there skills on a tank who can be destroyed be a soraka 1v1

never play alistar solo cause evry1 will rage saying i dont want to go with him he sucks blah blah and yes he does but go with a friend or some friends use ur greatness at beggining to feed ur mate like if he plays a yi he can easy be good if fed and his ulti is not somethign to rely on it only lasts 6 seconds which is not that long and im pretty sure most people with a brain would attak u to disable u u r very weak if u use this build just weaken u so u are forced to ulti and run away and thats b4 fight began while ur running to initiate fight making it 4v5 in seconds

my build would be attack speed armor hp dmg solo a turret and win it for ur team that easy

Ediwir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

23-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IintendToPwnU View Post
pff that sucks he is a good initiator but any1 with half a brain will no not to attck u tanking on him is useless he is useless only 2 disables and long as cooldowns he doesnt need ability power wtf just need to tank u go in first they will just auto attack cause no1 would waste there skills on a tank who can be destroyed be a soraka 1v1

never play alistar solo cause evry1 will rage saying i dont want to go with him he sucks blah blah and yes he does but go with a friend or some friends use ur greatness at beggining to feed ur mate like if he plays a yi he can easy be good if fed and his ulti is not somethign to rely on it only lasts 6 seconds which is not that long and im pretty sure most people with a brain would attak u to disable u u r very weak if u use this build just weaken u so u are forced to ulti and run away and thats b4 fight began while ur running to initiate fight making it 4v5 in seconds

my build would be attack speed armor hp dmg solo a turret and win it for ur team that easy
punctuation anyone, mister level5?

Rampage

23-03-2011

I didnt write guide for **** like you are.
1st you didnt try it how can you say its bad?
2nd i didnt tell that this is best way to play alistar it just idea that works for me
i didnt play to much ranked games i have 4 rankeds with this build and w/l is 3:1 and no one was complaining..

his ult is not 6 its 6/7/8 sec and thats how long normal teamfight last
+ thx for 1 star smartass

Ediwir that was my point to make him weaker and make yourself more easy to kill, i mean i played him like a tank and everything you have with tank build is that everyone ignores you and ofc if they kill your team you will be dead also. I mean isnt it better to make them to attack you and use their spells on you its not bad being dead if your team will kill them while their spells are on cd, or is that only me thinking that way. Just try build few times and then let me know how it was.
+ 15% cdr from masteries 5 from runes and 15 from deathfire grasp=35 % cdr, core you can get in first 20 min of the game you can go for grasp after and you will have nice cdr.

try build then comment it, thx for reply's.

Ediwir

Recruiter

23-03-2011

well, i didn't say it sucks, i said i'm not really convinced i know Alistar would be unbelievably resistant even if someone built him with 4x berserker greaves, a phantom dancer and a free slot for wards.

however: full masteries, glyphs, deathfire -> 30%, not 35

i may try it as full AP Alistar. for now, i stick with my AP Tank build.

Rampage

23-03-2011

kk man its ok i just give you some ideas you can try it if you want. just dont be like those lame trolls cheers

Yohachhin

23-03-2011

well you made a good guide there, but AP Alistar is not viable as people think it is...

Alistar is a good jungler and a super bruiser/tank who is able to initiate a fight and take out a single target fast (anticarry) and also support a little bit to make ihts more durable (supportive tank)

i prefer more jungling him with madreds, getting the trinity and the rest only tank items, in my opinion
you will be take out anyways with ignite and a small focus of a ranged carry

for people who want to play AP alistar: take care if you play such guides, they may look serious and good but they are extremly hard to pull out good