Pantheon vs ap mages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pandour

03-01-2013

Playing pantheon mid vs an "ap mid champ"
which one of these should/can beat pantheon ?

Ahri
Akali
Anivia
Annie
Brand
Cassipeia
Diana
Elise
Eve
Fiddlesticks
Fizz
Gragas
Heimerdinger
Kassadin
Katarina
Kennen
Leblanc
Lux
Malzahar
Morgana
Oriana
Swain
Syndra
Veigar
Viktor
Vladimir
Ziggs
Zyra

TBsGrave

03-01-2013

All of them -.-

RivenTheExileOP

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandour View Post
Playing pantheon mid vs an "ap mid champ"
which one of these should/can beat pantheon ?

Ahri
Akali
Anivia
Annie
Brand
Cassipeia
Diana
Elise
Eve
Fiddlesticks
Fizz
Gragas
Heimerdinger
Kassadin
Katarina
Kennen
Leblanc
Lux
Malzahar
Morgana
Oriana
Swain
Syndra
Veigar
Viktor
Vladimir
Ziggs
Zyra
I believe pantheon cant be beat easily by an Ap champion that easily due to his huge great advantage of damage he has at early game.
However i think champions with sunstain can survive against pantheon because pantheon is a bit mana hunger....Vladimir i think he is a great example despite the nerf he received but im not so sure though.Pantheon for me can dominate every single Ap champion.

No One

03-01-2013

everyone with higher range, sustain aint gonna help cause pantheon will simply dominate the lane and wont allow healing

Kcugi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

The only ones I find that can beat panth on mid are:
- Anivia - long range Q and AA, a wall to separate him from u, an egg.
- Diana - Mby, due to her shield and Q spam & better lategame.
- Eve - better snowballing and Shield from R altho hard time farming..
- Fidd - played correctly can oversustain panth but it depends on player.
- Gragas - longrange Barrels & R.
- Heim - due to turrets and longrange granade.
- Morgana - ****s on his stun due to her Shield, still watch out for spears. Just AFK farm with W, don't try to trade.
- Oriana - if maxing shield first, it can absorb spears & u can trade back.
- Syndra - didn't played vs her as Panth, but I would find a hard time due to her scatter the weak & cleanese.
- Viktor - Longrange E & his W stun will make u particulary useless as panth if he knows how to play him.
- Ziggs - to some extend, just longrange spell him all day.
- Zyra - if u can land ur root right.

Bassically his spears have short range, so anything that can outrange them can live if played carefully, I would find AP Koggy great against him but I am just an AP Koggy player. Anything that can't keep their distance will be dominated by him, and healing wont help.

Pandour

03-01-2013

Great summary Kcugi !

Till now I tried him against Brand and Cassiopeia

I can say that a good cassiopeia should harass the sh*t out of pantheon ....brand can be beaten i think.

LadyCookie666

03-01-2013

The most important advantage from being a mage is that Pantheon's shield only blocks basic attacks - which means he will not block anything significant from a caster. Pantheon has mobility ultimate, while AP mids have damage-oriented ultimates, which gives him a disadvantage in 1 v 1 trades. On the other hand his natural tankiness will give hard time to assassins and some of burst-reilant mages.

Ahri - maybe, if you dodge pokes and catch her on low mana.
Akali - stuns hurt her + panth can hit her while she's stealthed, if he's good.
Anivia - long range stun and nice damage will give him biig trouble
Annie - short range mage, panth's passive is a good anti-bear measure; who stuns wiser, wins
Brand - heavy poker, make him chose between minions and you, post 6 will be hard, though
Cassio - no way, hose. she will outharass Pantheon back to Sparta
Diana - count her autoattacks and you could block her passive, avoid her poke; possible
Elise - gank or harass down early, buy mr fast - otherwise big trouble post 6
Evelynn - early mr is a must; be very map-aware, Eve will go gank other lanes 100%, keep ult ready for it.
Fiddlesticks - fear, silence, drain, heavy dps ulti... it's a big no.
Fizz - would try. Stun directly after dodge, avoid ulti and you're home - he may go for ganks, so care.
Gragas - tanky Grag seems like an equal opponent, I think it's a matter of players here. force him to chose, just like Brand.
Heimerdinger - no way. He will hind behind turrets forever, risky to poke and regens hp with passive
Kassadin - he may not kill you, but you surely won't kill him either,especially post6, farm/gank contest.
Katarina - early aggression will shut her down, save stun for her ultimate and it's a game;
Karthus - how could you not mention him? gives a hard time, if you jump him he will defile, slow, spam skittles and take more hp from you than you took from him. + dat ulti.
Kennen - I say it's 1:1, depends on players. Jump on minion to avoid ultimate, stun when he speeds up, push a negatron.
LeBlanc - great poke, hard to catch - unless she can't manage her mana, you won't win the lane.
Lux - will zone with her E and prevent initiation with her Q. Hard time, wouldn't recommend
Malzahar - heavy zone and harass with E, % damage on W; post 6 he is a death sentence to panth
Mordekaiser - you forgot him! the shield will make your life hard, poke when it's down and you got a chance.
Morgana - won't shield from dmg but will from stun, has snare, spell vamp, great farm - it's a lost lane.
Orianna - long-range harass combined with shield will make your life miserable
Swain - his dots and snare are painful, engaging him post 6 is not wise
Syndra - early aggression and hight mobility advised; scatter the weak will be troubling, if player is a good harasser, you lost;
Veigar - harass early, his stun has giant cd, ask jungler to camp him and it's k.
Viktor - it's a no go. Outrange, outpoke, aoe stun, heavy dps ultimate... no go.
Vladimir - a weak Vlad will lose badly, a good Vlad will outsustain panth easily and win.
Xerath - you forgot him too! armor from passive ftw. long range poke, stun... if smart, won't even let panth near him
Ziggs - very big poke range, aoe slow, escape tool - most likely will dominate the lane
Zyra - similar to Heim, she will let her plants do the job, do not try this.

Heltekrigeren

03-01-2013

I always pwn pantheon with akali. You trade way higher than him at 6+. The sustain with gunblade makes pantheon an easy lane.

Eternity Noki

03-01-2013

Viktor Swain Elise

edit: explanation incase you cant figure out yourself

viktor is pretty good against melee mids and trades well, but is quite mana hungry

Swain will outdo pantheons harras with spears with E and AA combo

Elise has so much poke and kill potential before 6 pantheon is outdone

SilentStrider

03-01-2013

i main pantheon and in fact i never lost mid. he rly is great vs mages early game. even vlad or fiddle cant survive, because with mana glyphs i can spearshot them to death

but, even thogh i never lost mid, not always did i win. if you want a hint from pro pant player (only one lose in ranked, 88% wins) i will tell you what causes me most trouble

1. cassiopeia is nr one counter. her harass is insane, much better range than spearshot
2. kennen. his stuns are ridicolous and easy to land on melee champon
3. lux. in fact lux is always strong and safe pick for mid

if enemy picks pantheon and you afraid he can go mid, i recommend one of these three. good Ryze can counter, as Ryze is good in general, but only from lvl4 when you have full combo and one of spells improved. be careful lvl1-3