Need help! Please suggest me some good solo top champs for ranked.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guguby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

22-11-2012

I'm still learning and while I not play ranked yet cos I'm kinda noob I want to find at least few champs to be decent at before I start ranked, for all roles. So I'm asking for help. I wanna start to learn with solo top champions, lets start with that and leave other roles for later. I need suggestions for at least 3 good solo top champions. I already have 1 which is Garen, so my goal to master 4, 3 left. ^^

Some things about my play style for you to have impression what champs would be best for me:

So, I find solo top the most easy lane/role for me. It's prolly because it's kinda passive and safe lane, at least as I play it (idk if that's a right way how to play tho). I am good with Garen, I'm best with him. I like him because with squishy champs I die a lot mainly to my bad positioning and many cases when I attack when I should not what makes me die, still learning. So Garen's tankyness saves me from dying and his Q is great for escapes too. I like Garen's HP regeneration and that he does not have MP, saves money on pots and helps me get my items faster, especially cos I fall behind on creep kills early game.

It's prolly not the right thing to do but I don't last hit. I just wait till my enemy pushes creeps to my tower and then kill as much as I can get. Later when E is higher level I can get all creeps near turret. At later game I can farm good and catch up on gold. I like to build Garen very tanky. No AD items, just tank items. All my damage comes pretty much only from basic attack from skills and AD, Thornmeil and Sunfire Cape... that's it.
This cowardly play style and huge tankyness helps me not to feed. Usually, 80% of time, it helps me a lot and I don't feed, and even get some kills and 80% of time go with positive score. Also 80% of time never lost my turret either. Did not get enemy's turret that fast but at least I can hold my lane. So this play style with Garen works for me. Again, I have no idea if that's the best way tho... ^^

So requirements for my preferable solo top champions prolly would be something like this:

* Good tankyness (Or if not then very great escape skill)
* Good sustain (Healing ability/health regeneration or something like this. Or if not then very good escape skill what would let me escape and not get beaten down that much)
* Not very mana dependent
* Good farming ability (cos even if I play more aggressively and last hit I'm pretty sure I still gonna fall behind in CS)

So, please suggest me some solo top champions what you think would be best for me basing on my play style what I described above. If I missed something please ask. Also, you can suggest me some items or maybe you have suggestions to improve my play style as solo top player? I would really appreciate your help. ^^

Lorichon

22-11-2012

Lee Sin.

Riot Daedalus

QA Loc Coordinator

Follow gapingsoul on Twitter

22-11-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

My favo is Riven. She doesn't die easily and you have tons of escape skills (3x jumping away with Q, 1x with E and even a stun with W). He is not too mana dependent as all her skills are free. Also she totally owns at farming, 3xQ + W and the lane is farmed in 1 sec from midgame on.

And also, as a guy there might be other incentives playing her... to me she is the best girl in the League

Good luck!

Lorichon

22-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapingsoul View Post
My favo is Riven. She doesn't die easily and you have tons of escape skills (3x jumping away with Q, 1x with E and even a stun with W). He is not too mana dependent as all her skills are free. Also she totally owns at farming, 3xQ + W and the lane is farmed in 1 sec from midgame on.

And also, as a guy there might be other incentives playing her... to me she is the best girl in the League

Good luck!
Katarina is still the hottest, you can't deny that sir

Sketches

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-11-2012

I kinda have a feeling you have a wrong perception of top lane. It most certainly isn't a safe and easy lane because it's the most snowbally of all lanes. Meaning that a single kill can set you up fairly behind.
You should also have good map awareness so you know when you can be aggressive and when you should stay defensive.
Another important thing you need to know is when too freeze and when to push your lane. You should also try to punish the enemy when he tries to last hit minions.
Now about champions.
Champions that snowball way out of the hand with just a few kills are: Riven, Irelia, Jayce and Jax.
Try mastering a few of those.

Chiffer

22-11-2012

I would suggest Singed. He got great farming, good sustain, and doesnt use up all his many very fast. The best thing is that you can carry games if you can play him. As long as your team do decent, you can really snowball ahead and shine in teamfights and skirmishes.
Good luck!

Troubles Voice

23-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapingsoul View Post

Good luck!
Riven is disappointed in you, SHE ned bigger boobs!!!!

Captain Europa

23-11-2012

Irelia !

Locust

23-11-2012

irelia/gayce/riven/yorick

SnakeOfRavende

23-11-2012

Support
Blitzcrank he has great CC if he grabs well then thats half of the team fight won+ he has aoe stun.
go for alistar since u can get him for free he has really good CC like blitz+ heals(he can be played on top or jungle but not best in rankeds).
Taric- stun + heal and tons of armor great champion to support ad carry
moving on to Ad carries
Ezreal - greatest mobility but lacks late game damage
vayne- she is probably best ad carry her late game damage is so huge that you can 2-3 hit kill.
grab the free tristana since she isnt half bad also she has longest range from lvl 16+

for Top jungle u want
Amumu/malphite both have great CC but they get banned 9/10 times
mundo/shyvana they are really fast junglers probably the fastest although their ganks are moderate.
lee sin- he lacks proper CC but his ganks are amazing also he is a really strong and flexible champion
for solo only
Riven/darius are pretty strong due to their early damage and capability to deal nice CC
midlane- In my opinion you will need
definietely kennen great aoe stun ult
annie she may seem like just 450 but beware of tibbers
orianna again good cc huge damage(requires probably most practice to master from champs mentioned above).
anivia for another great damage
and some ap slayers like fizz/akali since they counter just about any mid champs.
there are obviously plenty more to buy but I would say that these are champions that can help you win rankeds if you play well.