Re-occurring Bug Splat Upon Loading Screen and Particles Causing FPS Drops

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pacifiSSt

30-09-2012

Ever since I started playing LoL I've had issues with this laptop's performance. I'm running LoL on HP Compaq nc6320 which has Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset integrated chip, and I have updated the driver to the latest version. I've also tried older version to see if the problems persist.

Here's the deal: I get into loading screen and every once in a while - about one game out of four - I get a Bug Splat, which reports that a crash with the Intel video card driver has occurred. Typically I can just log in and get in the game, but if I'm playing Shaco it's an uphill battle because I didn't get to set up jungle.

Another problem is a huge FPS drop with champions that have additional particles. Not all of those champs, but just some: Vayne with ult on, Yorick's ult, LeBlanc's mark, Kennen's marks, Graves' Smokebomb and Jayce's Gate. Any of these abilities will drop FPS from otherwise stable 30 to around 8, forcing me to team fight by smashing buttons, crossing fingers and hoping my team happens to come on top despite me being unable to coordinate my abilities, positioning or auto attacks in the fight.

I'm running a Windows 7 64bit Home. If it is known that the driver issue only applies to using Windows 7 please let me know.

I hope there's a chance this can get fixed. =) Thx for a good game.

Tinykid

Recruiter

01-10-2012

I also have fps drops. It was constantly 60 fps before patch but now it is stuck at 30 .. wtf

pacifiSSt

04-10-2012

Bumping. Seriously, I gave just about the perfect description for game breaking bugs - if they're not LoL's bugs it's a driver issue, but so far no one has informed anything about the matter. Could I at least get some attention on the matter? I'm pretty sure there are other players that use laptops with Intel's graphics chips, too.

Come on Riot, show me you care.

pacifiSSt

11-10-2012

Bump