Champion Spotlight: Varus, the Arrow of Retribution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garinio

08-05-2012

Looks ok. Btw where are the release notes for the patch? Or are there no changes thus only the addition of the new champ.

Ryzepwnz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

I'm the only one who thinks that he's kinda weak?

georulez

08-05-2012

fiora gets killed but its np cause i get the kill like a baws!

BobMar1ey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Dat champ is so weak dat im not gonna buy him. Just 0 dmg, pwned him with Ashe like np.

Trauma

Recruiter

08-05-2012

OP!!!!!!!!!!!
why do you people keep saying that even tho you dont even know what can/can't he do? U don't sound pro if you go to a new champ page and just spam OP!!!!!!...

as a carry he is very weak. my mate and me had a discussion - he has 0 escapes and long cooldowns... even ashe whose power isnt the greatest among carries can spam volley.... and some other thing about which i am too lazy to explain atm...

Come on people, get it real, the champ cant be just OP or useless... it can also be good, bad, usefull, useless, etc. but above all - say that when you ACTUALLY try him out.

Vodka ICtok

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzepwnz View Post
I'm the only one who thinks that he's kinda weak?
I think so , because so far it looks extremely overpowered, like vayne was after release (was nerfed 3 times after it).
The thing is that varus is too good at early, middle, and lategame as well, especially early , with his long ranged q skill which is too imba (the range seemed like 2 times longer than olafs q) , it deals too much damage + you have no chance staying alive under turret in 2v1 facing varus, so i'm quite sure riot will nerf it next patch, but i'm also curious what will actually happen, or what the pros say.

(In the spotlight that buff steal was a bit too imba as well, but of course i was really impressed as well :) ).

Vodka ICtok

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traumy View Post
OP!!!!!!!!!!!
why do you people keep saying that even tho you dont even know what can/can't he do? U don't sound pro if you go to a new champ page and just spam OP!!!!!!...

as a carry he is very weak. my mate and me had a discussion - he has 0 escapes and long cooldowns... even ashe whose power isnt the greatest among carries can spam volley.... and some other thing about which i am too lazy to explain atm...

Come on people, get it real, the champ cant be just OP or useless... it can also be good, bad, usefull, useless, etc. but above all - say that when you ACTUALLY try him out.
You are kinda right in that: not necessarily every new champion has to be op, i bought hecarim right when it came out, everyone said it was op, but in my opinion it wasn't that big deal.But it's a bit different with varus.Saw the spotlight?Cause if you saw it you should choose flash as summoner spell and you already have an escape, which should be enough if you are a decent player and play with good players of course.(wards,mapcontrol, etc..)
The thing is that ashe can have volley, but q of varus has such a long range combined with his other skills you can be standing under turret in 1v1 it won't help you most of the time. ( if you stay under turret alone against varus + any other enemy champ you have absolutely no chance to survive.) The skills of varus are so much better than ashe-s, that's why is ashe a D rank low rp champ not a 6300 A class champ.Think of the ulti of ashe.I like it very much, cause it can ensure a certain kill or mby 2 but not more, but the ulti of varus can root the whole team which is a huge difference.
Varus was a beast in the spotlight, just like Preak (ok, i've never seen a single spotlight were Preak played badly, but still)

Matizap

09-05-2012

Varus is good

dungeon master12

09-05-2012

you know whats funny??that phreak isnt jungling with varus :DD

Elverond

10-05-2012

Maybe its time to release some "lightside" champions? Varus and Hecarim looks like really bad guys, Lulu is cute, but she looks kinda evil too. Where are champions like Lux or Leona?

Btw Varus is good and balanced champion at all. He can't be OP. He is AD carry! Ofc he makes hard damage and kills you if you are in range... >.<