Another broken matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcwest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-04-2012

Why 3 players with around 600-800 wins got matched with 2 players under 29lvl and less than 200wins?

We lost that game totally 'coz they were no match for the enemy team. Both of them went bot and fed enemy Ashe 10/0 before 12 minute.

I'm not raging at them 'coz it's not their fault, but really, why something like this happens? It ruined game both for me and for them and I guess that ending game with 0/10 scores will be rather discouraging for them from playing another one.

Kinda sad.

Wieslaron Stiff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-04-2012

Those 600-800 win players were realy bad at this game, probably they had some luck at begining of this match and managed to snowball. Maybe if you played tens/hundreds more games with those 2 teams there would be similiar number of wins, you can't know.

Arcwest

23-04-2012

Hmm I believe you misunderstood me, we got those 29lvl players in our own team, and no, me and my friend (third guy with 800wins was random) who I was playing with weren't really that bad to be matched with them, especially if enemy team was composed of only 30lvl players with the same number of wins as ours.

It was broken that we got matched with them and thats only fault of broken matchmaking.

BeetGrater

23-04-2012

It's been happening a lot recently. Could be due to population growth or something. Matchmaking seems to prefer teams of 1-2 good ones + one really bad and two mediocres, so that's probably why low levels appear from time to time. Also, low levels could have quite high normal elo if it's an alt account and they've been able to get a lot of wins while leveling up. And yeah, it's not very fun when a real inexperienced player gets put against a gold+ elo player cos it'll be a slaughter. They should improve matchmaking so that this doesn't happen, although it could mean longer queue times.