Best support runes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hoodacz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

29-09-2011

Well I know that each support needs different set of runes... but
I'd like to know what kind of universal runes can be bought for a support?

Right now I have 3x Quints with 1gold per 10 seconds...
which means:
3gold x 6x (ten seconds) = 18 gold per minute
now 18 gold per minute x 20 mins = 360g... which imo isn't that bad since adding other gold per level items will result in good cash boost...

Now what about the other runes?
Mana regen?
What is your opinion?

SkyFrog

29-09-2011

Dont waste quin. on that ****. Better get flat health runes

Hoodacz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

29-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFrog View Post
Dont waste quin. on that ****. Better get flat health runes
sry already did my stuff... and works really well...
and as far as hp is concerned i've got my team to carry me...

koutsabaki

29-09-2011

360 G are very few for the quints. You should take hp or at least m. pen. But not for all supports m.pen. But universal are the hp quints. For blue i have mr/level for yellow flat armor and red are magic pen cause i usually play sona.

Riot GMang

Senior Game Analyst

29-09-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I like movement quints, but if you're finding early-game survivability a problem, health quints are great too. For yellow and blue, I'd consider mana regen or mana regen/level yellows/blues, cooldown blues, armor yellows, and/or MagResist or MagResist/level blues, depending on your play style and IP budget. Reds aren't terribly important--MagPen or MagResist could work.

Hegetin

29-09-2011

full ap/lvl lololo

Hatchie

29-09-2011

My friend played full AP runes Zilean... godlike support

Sober Corewin

29-09-2011

As a main support player I have 2 different rune pages for support.
They all got the same red, yellow and quint and I only change the blue.

I go AP per lvl on red, Mana regen on yellow and gold per 10 on quint.
Now for blue it really depends on what champion I play. If I play for example Sona that get out of mana rather fast I have mana regen. And if play for example Janna where I do not have mana problems I go CD reduction.

I have yet found a good rune page for tanky support like Alistar, Leona and more. But some extra magic resistance and armor is always good.

//Corewin

Zlik0

29-09-2011

I don't understand why people don't like the gp/10 quints. I wonder if those people who diss them, have even tried them out. Sure on paper they sound bad but they coupled with Greed mastery and one or two gp/10 items ensure that you don't fall behind on equipment and wards. When I play support with my gp/10 quints I regularly have way more gold than the support on the other team. Probably because I can afford my gp/10 items sooner.

To get back on topic, I play gp/10 quints, magic pen reds, mana regen per level yellows and flat cooldown reduction blues. For masteries I go either 9/0/21 or 0/9/21 depending on whom I play exactly. It works for me.

Hoodacz

Recruiter

29-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlikowsky View Post
I don't understand why people don't like the gp/10 quints. I wonder if those people who diss them, have even tried them out. Sure on paper they sound bad but they coupled with Greed mastery and one or two gp/10 items ensure that you don't fall behind on equipment and wards. When I play support with my gp/10 quints I regularly have way more gold than the support on the other team. Probably because I can afford my gp/10 items sooner.

To get back on topic, I play gp/10 quints, magic pen reds, mana regen per level yellows and flat cooldown reduction blues. For masteries I go either 9/0/21 or 0/9/21 depending on whom I play exactly. It works for me.
Looks like the best response here
Gratz and thanks