No nationalism, no bigotry, and no abuse

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ymir

Player Behaviour Expert

Follow Ymir on Twitter

30-06-2011
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawah View Post
Are we allowed to use swear words? I mean, they get censored anyway, so it's not like it matters?
It's all about perception. A thread that isn't filled with stars is going to be perceived better than one filled with what could be looked at as a rant. We know you're all passionate right now, this speaks for how much you care, but that extra thought is really important to stand out and making a point without cursing helps to keep things civil.

That said, I can understand why people will want to write like this, without directing it at people or cultures. It's a way of venting your feelings, and deserves consideration, but people on the boards and browsers looking for news or people who shar their thoughts will take more time to read if you avoid doing that.

DexEvilness

30-06-2011

Good job riot, keep working like this! Good job Ymir stop the racists!

ScHniPPaH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-06-2011

no matter what you do, you do it wrong. welcome to europe...
keep up the good work, rioterz.

Kawah

30-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir View Post
It's all about perception. A thread that isn't filled with stars is going to be perceived better than one filled with what could be looked at as a rant. We know you're all passionate right now, this speaks for how much you care, but that extra thought is really important to stand out and making a point without cursing helps to keep things civil.

That said, I can understand why people will want to write like this, without directing it at people or cultures. It's a way of venting your feelings, and deserves consideration, but people on the boards and browsers looking for news or people who shar their thoughts will take more time to read if you avoid doing that.
Thanks for your reply, I was attempting at this fleeting and much-loved skill called "humor".

I've been trying in several threads to lead the threads into a more intellectual and decent discussion as to the benefits of having Scandinavia in the East vs the West server, but it still gets flooded with nationalism and borderline racism. Even if I try with a sound and well-written argument, it still gets shot down and branded as racism just because I'd prefer to be grouped with the West.

Zebedin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-06-2011

i personaly dont like the idea of spliting the europe but its only my opinion

and tell me some one did a splited servers map without russia and other countries that play the game, is it not a racist /
allso west europe isnt like on this map http://www.islamproject.org/images/w...rope_final.jpg

ok but who cares XD

SharkPoo

30-06-2011

I'm sorry but my nation do the best waffles and chocolate in the world, I have to spread the word whatever it cost me a ban

SpiderPehnuz

30-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaernil View Post
I like how you all act like you care so much, but doesn't even ask about our (community) opinions beforehand.
As always EU was treated as second class citizens compared to US, can you imagine what will happen to East Europe? Third class, Ghetto of EU. No one will want to play at EEU because they will be seen as inferior to west, it always was the case.
Use your head a little.
Indeed young sir.

xValue

30-06-2011

Thank you, Ymir. <3

Ymir

Player Behaviour Expert

Follow Ymir on Twitter

30-06-2011
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawah View Post
Thanks for your reply, I was attempting at this fleeting and much-loved skill called "humor".

I've been trying in several threads to lead the threads into a more intellectual and decent discussion as to the benefits of having Scandinavia in the East vs the West server, but it still gets flooded with nationalism and borderline racism. Even if I try with a sound and well-written argument, it still gets shot down and branded as racism just because I'd prefer to be grouped with the West.
This is perfectly understandable, people will be able to choose. You're absolutely right that it is your decision and if you choose to move West when we open transfers, then good on you and I hope you have fun.

We were in Sweden two weeks ago to run our Season one Championship, we love it there, we loved the reaction there and the very last thing we want is to cause any strife for any of our players regardless of where they are from. Thank you for being understanding, rational and honest.